My lovely blogland friends

Monday 19 September 2011

Fairy Kiki

Hi there folks, I'm working from home today so I'm making the most of my lunchbreak to post a card I made for one of my friends birthdays a couple of weeks ago. She loves fairies so I used the supercute 'Fairy Kiki' from Mo Manning for this card. I'm pretty new to Mo's images but I really love this little fairy she is adorable, so adorable in fact that Sheena loved her card and is planning on having a go at making some herself :-)



Its an 8x8 card and the bp is from Raspberry Road Designs. I've coloured Fairy Kiki with promarkers and added a little glitter to her wings. The butterfly is die cut using a Marianne die and the sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps. The faux postage sentments are gorgeous and the little die to cut them out is fab. To finish off I've added some hot pink ribbon from Crafty Ribbons to pick out the roses in the bp and some faux gemstones.

I'm entering Fairy Kiki in the following challenges:
Corrosive challenge: punches and/or diecuts
Crafty Ribbons: Anything goes
Creatalicious: anything goes
Flutter by Wednesday: open challenge with butterfly, angel or fairy
Little Miss Muffett: Things with wings
Marianne Design Divas: Bloom and grow
The Crafty Pad: sparkly gems
The Paper Shelter: Fairies and elves

I don't seem to have a lot of time for blogging at the minute with so much happening at work. poorlies in the family and I'm still without my laptop. Having to drag a 21 year old off facebook to check my emails or do some blogging is no fun believe me lol. Hopefully poor lappy will be back from the puter hospital with a clean bill of health very soon, apparently he was on the workbench on Saturday( I should think so too, he's been there for nearly 3 weeks!!)
Anyway thanks for popping by, I'd better get back to work now
hugs
Claire xx

21 comments:

  1. Oh, this is one gorgeous creation, Claire! Kiki has been on my wishlist for quite a while and I die to have it now that I see it so beautifully colored. You've chosen beautiful colors and paper. I just love it!
    Dragging a 21 yr old away from FB is definitely a hard task,so we are truly happy you could join us at Mo's this week for our Celebration challenge; hope to see you again soon!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Claire, I personally find 8x8's a bit daunting, all that space to fill, but you have done a grand job. I sympathize, sharing a computer is a pain, hope your lap top is home soon.
    Irene xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Claire, love the image and your colouring is awesome
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wayyou've picked out the colour in thebacking paper with your ribbon & the whole feel of this card. I've never used any of Mo's images but there may come a time......though after counting those 111 CB themeplates I'd better be a little restrained. I do hope your sick laptop is returned in full working order soon - 3 weeks of having to use somebody else's machine does not sound amusing.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely image, beautiful card with great details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's really a cute image. I love her smile. Nice coloring too! Tasteful bling and warm colors. A very nice card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Crafty Pad.
    Victoria Lavender

    ReplyDelete
  7. So darling and just precious! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous. I love that butterfly die cut! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Flutterby Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! I love the ribbon and that beautiful butterfly! Thanks for joining us in Mo's 100th Challenge celebration, and good luck in the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Love that big butterfly and Kiki is colored so beautifully! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge for "Punches and/or Dies"! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet card! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Shelter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card! cute and lovely image(love the colouring)nice papers and embellish. TFS with us at The Corrosive Cha.
    Zulma DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute little image, fabulous card. Thanks for joining in the Little Miss Muffet Challenge. hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous image and a fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Claire, hope you're well!
    Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Crafty Pad this week for our Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend Challenge! The image you have used is just soo cute!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx
    Ps I have a little Candy on my blog if you're interested

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! What a project! Such a lovely image and such an adorable coloring! Gush it's fab!

    Thanks for joining us for the Things with Wings challenge at Little Miss Muffet stamps! Hope to see you again!
    With best wishes,
    Viktoria

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is precious! Love that image and the die cut butterfly is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges.

    Cleota
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous creation, I so love Mo Manning images. Yoh have coloured her beautifully. Hugs Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful creation!

    So happy you've joined us at The Crafty Pad this week. :)

    Maggie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is utterly and totally adorable. Looove it. Thanks for joining us at Marianne`s Design Divas this month. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...