My lovely blogland friends

Monday 19 September 2011

A few cards from the weekend

I don't know about you but I often get inspiration from a challenge, make the card and then don't get round to blogging it in time. I had a few hours crafting on Saturday while hubby was at the football (don't you just LOVE the footie season lol) so I thought I'd better blog the results or before I know it another week will have gone by. Anyway this may be a long post so grab a cuppa and a chocolate biscuit (or two) and make yourself comfy

My first card, is inspired by Autumn colours and uses a gorgeous digistamp from Crafts and Me called 'Shitake and Oregano'. 


I coloured the image with coloursoft pencils, cut out with nesties labels 11 and matted on copper mirri card. The bp is one of my all time favourites from Artylicious Essence of Nature Cd. The sentiment is  a stamp from the coordinating Essence of Nature themeplate from Chocolate Baroque. I've added some gorgeous floral ribbon from Crafty Ribbons and some shimmery heart shaped beads attached with some gold/orange braid. I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Crafts and Me: add a heart
Crafty Purple Frog: Fall into Fall
Raise the Bar: Leave Summer

My next card tonight features an image from Teddy Bo, its the first time i've used one of these cute little guys but it certainly won't be the last. My BILs birthday is coming up soon and as he's been very good and lost loads of weight, this cute Teddy Bo 048 'Weight Watching' was just the job for his birthday card.


I coloured the image with promarkers, the bps are a download from Jessica Sprague.com, Circa 1934. I've used black soot distress ink around the edges and black card to mat and layer. The sentiment is a stamp from Chocolate Baroque and as it looked a little bare (or should I say bear lol) I added a flower  and swirls created using Marianne dies, a black button and some red embroidery floss. I don't usually use flowers on blokey cards but this flower always reminds me of lego so I thought it would be ok. 
I'm entering weight watching Teddy Bo in the following challenges:
Teddy Bo Top tips: colouring with promarkers
 (check out the fab tutorial, i found it really useful as I do struggle with colouring animals)
Delicious Doodles: Cute as a button
Prairie Fairy Friday: snips and snails and puppy dogs tails

and my final card for today was inspired by the challenge at Polka Doodles where the theme is 'whiteout'.


My background is white card using a couple of different cuttlebug embossing folders. The sentiment is a stamp from Chocolate Baroque, stamped with memento tuxedo balack and die cut with a nestie labels 4. I've added white lace, ribbon, a white feather, a spray of pearl beads and some sparkly faux gems.
I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:
2 Sisters: lets get sentimental
Kaboodle Doodles: lots of layers
Little Claire's : black and white

Thanks for popping by today,
hugs
Claire xx




30 comments:

  1. Three fabulous cards Claire, love them all. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards - Bo looks great - so glad you found our Top Tips useful this week - we have more on Thursday :c)
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    Homework grade : A Star

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've been really busy! Cant decide whether I like the brightly coloured cards or the elegant white card the best, they are all so good. Thanks for joining in with us at Dream Valley Challenges. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Claire! Just love the "white" card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Claire, you were on a good mojo run...gorgeous cards, love the fairy on the mushroom and lovely Autumn colours...Teddy Bo is as cute as he can be [has he lost weight???]...and your beautiful white card, so elegant...

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Claire, I LOVE the card you made for us at Polkadoodles, so much texture, fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us
    hugs
    Enfys

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are all stunning in their own ways, love the fairy on the mushroom and I have a couple of Teddy Bo images they're great aren't they and the white one is just wow! Love the texture and ribbon, jewels and feathers in fact everything about it.
    Glad to see you got your crafty fix.
    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards Claire, they are all stunning but I think the white one is my fave, love all the texture
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3 stunning cards claire love the colours and papers on the teddy bo one thanks so much for joining us at dream valley this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous white card. I love the big bow. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, this is gorgeous, anyone would love to receive a card like this it is stunning.
    Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Polkadoodles this time,
    hugs,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards as always Claire. Especially the 'whiteout' one. BTW I have some blog candy going if you're interested, x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three fantastic cards. Your mojo was working overtime I see. Great Bo card for your BIL, I'm sure he will love it. Thankyou for sharing this at Delicious Doodles "Cute as a Button" challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. All your cards are great but I have to say I love the last one the best, it's so elegant

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous selection of cards, the white one would be my favourite. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous cards Claire.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cards all of them! Loved the stamp on that first one and the color combo is awesome!

    Thanks for playing along with us at "Prairie Fairy Fridays" and good luck! :D

    Hugz,
    xx Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at FFF, we look forward to seeing your future creations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've been very creative, 3 wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG Claire all stunning, what can I say. Love each one. Hugs Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful black and white card - very elegant.

    Thanks for joining us at Little Claire Designs.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab cards :-) Thankyou for joining us at Dream Valley! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Claire,

    What a super selection of cards! Mind you, it did make me look properly for the button!! I go it though! Love that Teddy Bo image - he is so darn cute!

    Thanks for joining us this fortnight with our challenge of Cute as a Button at Delicious Doodles!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes I love football season! :) With that said, congratulations on getting cards done and posted in plenty of time for all these challenges! Beautiful entry for ours this week, what a great fairy image atop the mushroom, I just love your dp and ribbon too! Thank you for joining us this week at Raise The Bar as we 'leave' summer!
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. 3 very different cards - but of them all it is the first that is my favourite. Your colouring of the legs & that strikingly vibrant bow embellishment make it exceptional. I have to say it was a close run thing though........with your WOW creation.
    Thanks for the Teddy Bo PM info too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your cards are wonderful! I like them all, but the first card in orange is my favourite! Your card for our challenge is great too, love your coloring and the papers you´ve used! Thank you for playing along with us this week at the crazy challenge, good luck! Dominique

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card and wonderful embossing! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are all absolutely gorgeous Claire and your whiteout card is stunning.
    Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles Whiteout challenge and good luck.
    Hugs,Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful projects! Thanks for playing the Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous creations!! Thanks so much for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...