My lovely blogland friends

Monday 12 September 2011

Nature Table

Hi there, its definitely feeling like Autumn here at the minute although I'm not complaining as so far we seem to have escaped the worst of the weather. We've had a lovely sunny day but its blowing a gale and the leaves are starting to fall from the trees. Anyway I was inspired to create an Autumn themed card using stamps from Chocolate Baroque.

. The mushrooms and conkers are from Nature table themeplate, I stamped the images, masking them to overlap them slightly. I then masked them to brayer the sunny background  (using yellow and oranges) and stamp the grasses in the background. The grasses are from Autumn Hedgerow themeplate. The images were then coloured with promarkers and I used an inksentials white pen for some highlights and to fill in the ....... oooh I can't remember what those papery grasses are called. If you can remember please leave a comment to let me know as it will really annoy me now lol.
 I didn't want to add lots of embellies so I simply used dark green silk card and copper mirri to mat and layer the main image.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
By the cute and girly: all things bright and beautiful
Craft us Crazy: Autumn hues or favourite embellies
Crazy 4 Challenges: colour inspiration
Gingerloft: Create a sky
OSAAT: Anything goes
Paperplay: 2 or more stamped images
Polkadoodles: Setting the scene
The Crafty Pad: Goodbye summer

Thanks for popping by today
hugs
Claire xx

20 comments:

  1. Claire your card is lovely! Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful autumnal card Claire. I think the papery grasses might actually be a flower seed head and not a grass as I think they are honesty seed heads

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning Claire, I love it
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Claire. it bought back memories seeing the conkers. When I was a child, had 3 big brothers and our street was lined with conker trees, and my brothers told me that praying mantis lived inside them,scared the daylights out of me.[I know better now..lol..]

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.redbubble.com/people/susanp-mi/art/4492145-moneyplant?p=poster
    Found a photo (above) of the money plant/honesty before it dries & as Jackie says it seems to be a seed head.
    Your creation is quite stunning & I love the colours & techniques you have used.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Claire this is fab, I LOVE IT. I am off to check out the stamps. Hugs Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love the conkers, they look so realistic, a super glimpse of Autumn. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this! so pretty and very unique with the gorgeous mushrooms. a beautiful nature-themed piece. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card, love the autumn feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous!

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous sky! Thank you for joining us at Gingerloft. Good luck. HUgs

    Nikki DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous scene thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that is beautiful, Claire - I love those stamps, especially the mushrooms.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. so beautiful! LOVE your colouring. Thanks for joining us this time at Gingerloft's Make a sky challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Claire. Your masking is super. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card, love the autumnal feel to it. Thanks for joining in with our challenge over at OSAAT this week and good luck. Julie DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. this card is beautiful, I love it, stunning! Thanks for joining us on this challenge xx Nikky xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely scene, fab card, thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles. Good Luck! Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

    ReplyDelete
  20. Unusual images but works wonderfully! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...