My lovely blogland friends

Friday 9 September 2011

Make yourself uncomfortable at Crafty Ann's

Hi there, I can't believe its over a week since I blogged anything. My only excuse is that chaos still reigns at work and my laptop is very poorly and has gone to puter hospital, hopefully to be discharged with a clean bill of health soon lol. Anyway today its time for a new challenge over at Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog and this time around our theme is 'Make Yourself Uncomfortable' so we want to see you step out of your comfort zone in some way, maybe with a colour combo you don't usually use or as I've done try a different style or technique.


Now I'm not a computer boffin at all and really struggle with digital crafting, I'm pretty much a click and print girl so I decided to have a bash at digital crafting for my DT project. I've used a gold backing paper, frame and poinsettia script image, all from Crafty Ann's  gorgeous new metallics range (check them out here). I faffed around for ages resizing and layering them in paint.net and printed the finished image out twice. I cut the frame and poinsettia out and layered them up with silicone glue, added some beaded trim from my stash, ribbon from Crafty Ribbons and one of Crafty Ann's ticket sentiments. To finish off I added some dew drops attached with gold stickles for some sparkle, you've got to have a bit of sparkle on a christmas card lol. Its not often I made a card without any colouring or inking at all so this is well out of my comfort zone 

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Crafting when we can: do it your own way
Crafty Ribbons: Festive cheer in September
Fresh Brewed : something new

Thanks for calling by today, sorry I haven't been able to do much blog hopping over the last couple of week but as soon as i get my lappy back i'll try and catch up 
Claire xx

18 comments:

  1. Well for something different for you, this is absolutely lovely, love the colours too. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Claire xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a real stunner - I love the rich colours & the way you have used that beaded brocade. Faffing with the computer resizing is such a pain - I usually manage to delete the whole lot & have to start again - give me good old ink & pencil with some rubber any day. Hope you are soon re-untied with your little blog companion.
    Have a good weekend.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you went way beyond click and print with this card. It's stunning! Thanks for joining our 1st Crafting When We Can Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You did a wonderful card. Loved the colors. Looks perfect. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges. I hope you will continue to play with us next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made a great job Claire, it's a fabulous card. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful card and very different, I love it. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's worked really well Claire...a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Claire!! Welcome to Sarah's DT and thanks for following my blog!!
    Your blog is gorgeous and you have some fab creations...love it!
    Have a great weekend.
    Love Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at crafty ribbons.
    hugs Tessa & Anke

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colour combination, its a real stylish card. Yvonnex

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowza, Claire, this is absolutely stunning!!! so elegant!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Claire :-) Cant wait to get to know you on Sarah's Design team :-) Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a beautiful card, thanks for joining in with our first challenge at CRAFTY RIBBONS... oh and CRAFT WHEN WE CAN play again soon, X carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Claire! What can I say about this card? It's simply GORGEOUS and STUNNING! Take a BOW!
    Thank you for joining us for our Month Long Challenge at Freshly Brewed Challenges! Use Something New!
    Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the design and the colours. That flower in the middle looks fantastic too. Fab work! Thanks for playing with us at our first challenge at Crafty ribbons. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! A real show stopper!! Thanks for joining us at the Freshly Brewed "Something New" Challenge.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...