My lovely blogland friends

Monday 28 February 2011

Spring Sweet Pea card

I thought this stamp would be perfect for the challenge at Sweet Pea Stampers where the theme is use your favourite sweet pea image and also for In a Sweet Pea dream where the challenge is 'Warmer Weather'.


I love this stamp, 'Magical Springtime' by Elaine Cox although if I'm really honest whichever stamp I'm colouring is my favourite as I love all my Sweet Pea stamps lol. She is coloured in promarkers and has glittered wings. I've cut her out with a nestie and matted her on some lime card. The bps are from my stash and i've cut 2 doileys with a Marianne die from the floral bp. The paper flowers are from my stash and I've added some glittered circles to the centres. I love this limeade Martha Stewart glitter, is a really gorgeous colour (it was in my fabby parcel of blog candy from the lovely Audrey - she has some more amazing candy up for grabs so pop over to her blog and check it out!!). To finish off i've added a sentiment (stamp from HOTP) and some green faux pearls.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:
Crafty Creations: At the bottom of my garden lives.....
Crafty Purple Frog: A touch of magic
Hannah and friends: Purple + 1 other colour
Oldie but goodie: Spring is in the air

Thanks for popping by today. Spring doesn't seem far away now as the trees in the garden have little green buds and the first daffodils are in bud so hopefully the long winter is nearly over :-) It won't be long and I'll be able to get out in the garden and get good and muddy! I wonder why I love messy things - inky/painty crafting, pottering round in the garden?? I suppose I'm just a big kid at heart lol.
Claire xx

24 comments:

  1. I see you got some crafting time in, beautifully coloured Claire, hugs Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire ~ A BIG WARM WELCOME to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge!! We are delighted that you have joined us! Your card is lovely! Great image and colors! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week!!

    Phyllis MMDesign Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredibly pretty card, such a beautiful image and colour choice :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Claire, love this image
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Claire, you have coloured the image beautifully, wish I could colour my images like that, it always looks like a 3 year old has done it. Excellent.
    Hugs
    Irene x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't we all Claire - messy is the name of the game.
    I just love the colours on this fabulous card and the layout is so effective.
    Have a great week.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Claire - what a wonderful card! Love the image and your deloish colours! Your flowers are divine and the sentiment perfect! This is a great take on this weeks sketch! Love it! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we love to see you and appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card... beautiful colors, I can see all the glitter when I enlarge the card, it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire, WELCOME to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, we're so glad you joined us this week! I'm a big fan of Elaine Cox, and the image you chose is so cute and your coloring is just gorgeous! Great job also with this week's MMSC sketch. Thanks again for joining us and we hope you will come back and play again next week!
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    MMSC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. A BIG warm WELCOME to our challenges. We are thrilled you have entered. It is a joy to check out new blogs and peoples work.Purple is my favorite color, so I Love your card and what a great take on the sketch. I hope you keep coming back. Thank you so much for joining in the fun this week at the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful coloring job and amazingly pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, gorgeous colours, thanks for joining in at Oldie But Goodie this week
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! Thank you for joining us at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.
    Valerie
    PriscillaStyles Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  14. Claire, Welcome to Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, so glad you decided to join in and play with us this week. Your card is just darling with that sweetpea image! Lovely colors and your coloring is awesome! Beautiful flowers and the nesties shape looks really cool between the circles. Beautifully done!
    Hope to see you in the next challenge.
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute card!

    Thank you for joining this weeks Hanna and Friends Challenge.
    Hugs,
    vanni

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is gorgeous. Such an adorable image. I really love the colours you'e used.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Hanna & Friends.

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pure sweetness and feminine elegance in one gorgeous creation! I love it, Claire! The colour palette is beautiful, great colouring and stunning embellishment flowers ;)

    Bigs hugs
    Joanna x

    ReplyDelete
  18. what fantastic deep colours you have used on this, amazing
    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

    Designing for:
    Crafty Purple Frog , Creative Card Crew ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

    ReplyDelete
  19. A stunning card, gorgeous colours
    Thanks for joining our challenge at OLDIE but a GOODIE, hope you’ll join us again
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab entry, thanks for joining Oldie But A Goodie challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card hun!
    Thanks for playing at SPS this week, and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. gorgeous!!! Loving the purple! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh this is so pretty. I love the your coloring on her. Thanks so much for playing with us at In A Sweet Pea Dream.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am feeling warmer just looking at you wonderful creation!!

    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Pea Dream!

    KymKreates
    Sweet Pea DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...