My lovely blogland friends

Thursday 24 February 2011

Recycled CD for Bah Humbug

The challenge at Bah Humbug this week is to use a CD, I always have loads of old cds laying around as my son is DJ and he gets through loads and loads of them. I decided to make a little hanging decoration with a cd.


The CD is covered with a bp from one of Joanna Sheens cds (I think, it was from a file of printed bps that I'm trying to use up so I'm not 100% sure which cd is was from). I sandwiched a doiley between the cd and the layer of bp on the back of the cd. I also wrapped a wide red satin ribbon around the cd and popped in a hanging loop before I covered the back of the cd (you don't want to know how many times I've forgotten to do this until after I've put the bp on lol)

I've added a Marianne die cut stamped with a Paula Pascuale greeting in red dye ink and cute little Tilda coloured with promarkers and glittered her wings and fur trim with some creamy glitter. To finish off I've added a big red bow and some red and gold stickles.

I'm entering this little project in the following challenges
Bah Humbug: Use a CD/DVD
CD Sunday: Get ahead, get a hat
Incy Wincy: Punches/die cuts
Top Tip Tuesday: Bling it on
Winter Wonderland: Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas
One Stitch at a time: anything but a square
The cheerful stamp pad: Anything but a card
Fresh Brewed Designs: Ribbons and bows

After all the hassle of decorating I've had a lovely crafty day and now hubby is cooking sausage and mash for tea! YUM SCRUM! I love sausage and mash :-)
I've been having an inky play making some backgrounds so after I've tucked in to my bangers I'll see how they've dried and maybe make a card or two.
Claire xx

21 comments:

  1. What a wonderful creation. It must have taken ages but so worth all that effort. Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, great idea to have it hanging.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation, love the use of the CD, thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week, hugs Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Claire, I couldn't get my hed round this one.
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab creation Claire, love it. Cute image too. Hugs Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the fab red ribbon!!! it adds such a touch of luxuary!!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Claire - you are so creative. Thanks for joining us this week at Cd Sunday. Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous project! Has turned out really well and looks very Christmassy with the red bow and ribbon. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CD Sunday this week.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is just so gorgeous Claire - love it to pieces. Are you you excited for the new challenge starting tomorrow. It's .... whoops better not tell or Max will kill me, but it's a fun easy one. Do look and join in if you can.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh love this idea Claire, might have to borrow it. Just made use of some doillies last week, never had much use for them before. Btw i haven't forgotton your jar, it will reach you, in plenty of time for the festive period :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this, a fab non square card. Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous creation Claire, where do you get your ideas from, perhaps you will share with me. LOL
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh Claire this is fab, such a lot of work but so well worth it. Thanks for joining in with us again at CD Sunday.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aren't you the lucky one to have so many CD's I like using the cases. This is a great use of the CD. It is lovely. Thanks for joining the "Anything But a Card" at the Cheerful Stamp Pad. Do come back often and join in on future challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. so adorable, love the doily.
    thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Claire,
    After seeing what you and everyone else has produced for our CD challenge, I confess to a wee touch of envy that you have a limitless supply of old CDs. NEVER AGAIN will I throw them away as they are far too useful. I really like the idea of including the doily for a lacy edging and the tip about remembering to sandwich the ribbon loop BEFORE attaching the backing paper is a goody. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! I love the shape and the image is darling!

    Thank you for participating in this week's FBD Ribbon/Bows challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah this is super, what a great card for us on OSAAT this week, Thanks for playing, Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man, I have not wanted to make any Christmas cards, but this is SOOOOO GORGEOUS!!! I was just getting ready for spring! What have you done to me ;) lol!!! Beautiful image and love the bow!

    Thanks for playing along with is at Freshly Brewed Challenges ribbons and bows challenge.
    Hope to see you at the hop on March 1

    HUGS
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, your creation is wonderful, the image is so cute. Thanks so much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week.

    Hugs
    Heike

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...