My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 5 February 2011

Soulmates

This weeks Spotlight Image at Michelle Perkett Studio is 'Soulmates', a perfect image for an alternative Valentine card and this week you can get a fab 20% off this lovely image in Michelle's Etsy Store.


The image has been coloured with promarkers and for some added bling I used stickles for the bubbles. Once the stickles dried I covered them with glossy accents. Michelle finds the most beautiful quotations to accompany her images but I've used this one separately for a change.

I made the bp using peeled paint and tumbled glass distress inks and some starburst stains. I covered the wet background with a layer of bubble wrap while it was drying to give a bubbly, watery effect. The flowers were made from papers from the Artylicious 'Essence of Nature' cd.

To finish off I added some blue and green organza ribbon, an acetate goldfish made with a stamp from Joanna Sheen, coloured with orange tinkabella ink and some lime green memory thread 'seaweed'.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Cardmad Fairy: Romance
Fairy Fun Friday: for a Sweetheart
I love Promarkers: Anything goes + promarkers
Karber Weekly challenge: Something old + a digi (my goldfish stamp is my something old)
Sew Many Challenges: Anything goes
Simon Says Stamp: Love is in the air
Stamp Something: digi day

thanks for visiting today, you still have time to enter this weeks challenge over at
Michelle Perkett Studio!! The theme is 'Scallops and Frames' and the DT have come up with some amazing samples
Claire xx

14 comments:

  1. Hi. I love your watery background. It goes brilliantly with your mermaid image. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooooooooh wow this is stunning!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, this is so cute! I love that image. Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi you've worked some fabulous colouring techniques into this card, the image is lovely and beautifully coloured, thank you for joining us this week at I ♥ promarkers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Claire what a fabulous card! Love the image and the flowers and the fish and...well you get the picture, I love it! Thanks for joining us on our first challenge over at cardmadfairy's digi days. Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's totally gorgeous Claire - but with the fishy nature of this couple - perhaps it should be called 'sole mates'.lol.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful....I am so glad that I have the chance to visit all these wonderful creations. I love this image...haven't seen it before. Thanks for taking part in the Romance Challenge at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card,love the watery colours,thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Claire! So nice card. Thank you for playing The Karber Weekly Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really unusual image Claire and I love how you built a scene with all the elements - fabulous ! Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
    hugs
    wynnth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, Claire!
    Love the watery look of your paper. Cool image.
    Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful, cute card Claire, beautiful image.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Claire, your cards are always so special. I love your work. Your card is gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Challenges.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those flowers are so beautiful, thanks for joining our sweetheart challenge at the Fairy Fun Friday blog, we're glad to have you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...