My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 1 February 2011

A bit of sparkle

Well we're drying out now after the leak in the kitchen thank goodness, but the gremlins are still about, my printer is their latest target. I've been promising myself a new printer for a while so its a good excuse to get one, this time I think I'm going to get one with a CISS so If anyone can recommend one that will print on card I'd be grateful :-)

I love some messy crafting and I've been playing with starburst stains. I love their shimmer but they are so hard to photograph. I decided to use this beautiful image from Michelle Perkett, she's called 'Fire' and she's available in Michelle's etsy store here.


Fire is coloured with promarkers and I'added some ultrafine glitter to the trim on her clothes and the flowers. The layers of card and the K&Co bp are all embossed around the edges with gold EP. Red organiza ribbon is from my stash , the red butterfly is a die cut with a Marianne die. The flowers were made using some of the bps I made with starburst stains which were sloshed around liberally on copier paper and scrunched for some texture. Once the paper was dry I attached it to some grungepaper and let it dry. I wasn't sure if my little cuttlebug would cut it but I popped it through with a marianne flower die and it cut fine :-)

I'm entering Fire in the following challenges:
Crafty Cardmakers: Spotlight Water (my starburst stains)
Crafty Emma's Challenge: Bold and Bright
Just us girls: make your own flowers
Do you stack up? : Patterned paper
Paper Playtime: Digi Monday,, anything goes
Stampfairy: Homemade flowers

Thanks for calling by today, make sure you check out the new challenge at Michelle Perkett Studio, its Jan and her team's turn to host the challenge this week and I'm sure they'll have a fab theme as always. I'm back at work this week so things are a bit hectic but I had a little good news this morning - my Fairytale Fairies card made using Michelle's 'Juniper and Cecilia' was picked as one of this weeks 'Ginger Gems' over at Gingersnap Creations :-)

Claire xx

23 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful Claire. Love the colour combo and a gorgeous flower. Thanks for taking part in this weeks CES Challenge!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, love the butterfly. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor you, having a leak to contend with. Blinking gremlins get everywhere, lol. Still its not affected your crafting as that's another fab card, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning creation, thanks for joining us at StampFairy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow super super image - love the butterfly

    kitten DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - your messy crafting definitely paid off!

    Thanks for joining us in the Spotlight at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely warm colours and a super image. Glad the leak is sorted.
    New printer? I'm hoping by the time I need a new one laser will have come down in price a bit more. I'd love one of those.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your card is beautiful and I adore your embossed flower it is just gorgeous!
    Thanks for sharing with us at StampFairy challenge!
    Hugs'
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire this is stunning! I love fire all dressed up in red and gold! Gorgeous Butterfly and congrats on your win at Gingersnap today!:)

    Hugs,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! LOVE that flower, nice job. THanks for playing along with JUST US GIRLS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Veeery cute. Love the little flower you created, very elegant!

    Thanks for playing along with Stamp Fairy!

    Hugs, Gerda aka StampFairy
    http://stampfairyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally fab card!! Love the image and the reds are definatley bold lol..hope the gremlins are gone soon!!

    Thanks for playing at CES xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous card
    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week

    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, I love Michelle's images & that butterfly is fab :)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Claire, your card is wonderful! And the image too. Thanks so much for joining us at DYSU! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Claire - Your card is very lovely and we thank you for sharing it with use over at the StampFairy Challenge Blog.

    We hope you'll be back next week and and take a chance of winning, by creating another fabulous card that includes a StampFairy Image!!

    Good Luck and thanks again for stopping by!

    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card. The flower and the embossing on the backing paper is ace.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. just beautiful...Love the rich colours and the touches of gold on her outfit!! and the big flower, its amazing!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how beautiful! Beautiful papers and colors. Love that butterfly and of course the handmade flower! Thanks for joining us at StampFairy!
    Sharon, StampFairy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card. Love your details! Thanks for playing along with us at IDIC this week. Hope to see you again.

    Tammylee IDIC DT
    I Did It Creations

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great card! I just love it! Thanks for joining us this week at IDIC Challenge blog for our Red - Valentine challenge! We Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Thanks Again, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh this card is beautiful! I love everything about it! Thank you for playing with us at paper playtime! We hope you join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  23. this is a beautiful card, love it all well done

    thanks for getting crafty with us at Crafty Cardmakers

    Hugs
    Judie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...