My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 15 February 2011

The Queen of Hearts

Hello there, wow we actually had a lovely sunny day yesterday, shame I was a at work but it still makes you feel better when the sun shines. I've made a very quick card for my DT card for Michelle Perkett Studio as I'm still battling on decorating the kitchen. I coloured the gorgeous Queen of Hearts (you can find her in Michelle's ETSY store) a little while ago and got her stuck in my MS punch!! I managed to get her out and surprisingly safe and sound so I've used her to make this little card


The image is coloured with promarkers, punched with MS doiley lace punch and matted on black card also punched with the same punch. I've used an A6 card blank for a change and added a little black gem in each of the corners and a black bow at the top.

A really quick and easy card but to be honest this image is such a cute little character I don't think she needs much else with all those lovely hearts around her!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Bee Crafty: Hearts
Gingerloft Challenge: The colour red
Guylou's inimitability: I {{heart}} you
One Stop Craft Challenge: Love is in the air
Stamp-n-Doodle: Red/Pink and white plus 1

Thanks for visiting today, hope you're having a good one
There's a new challenge today over at Michelle Perkett Studio so pop over and check it out, Jan and her lovely team of mermaids have set the theme of 'Your Choice' so its a pretty free and easy challenge you just need to use one of Michelle's beautiful stamps. If you don't have any of Michelle's images pop over to her groups on CDAC, PCP and SNR where you can pick up a fab freebie or two!!
Claire xx

15 comments:

  1. I agree Claire, it is lovely as it is. Simple and very effective, especially with the MS border.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used that punch for the bottom of her dress! (Glad the ordeal worked out positively...) Thanks for playing at Guylou's Inimitability!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this image!! The card is beautiful! Thanks for participating in our challenge at Guylou's.
    Cheers!
    Guylou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous card Claire and love the simple red and white look.
    Might have a go at Michelle's challenge as I've got some of her digis which I've had for a while so I think they need dusting off lol
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly is a great image and such a clever idea to use the punch for the bottom of her skirt. Super card.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab card,love how you punched the skirt edge and i love the image..gorgeous
    thanks for joining us at cardmadfairys digi days
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple but very effective Claire, this is a lovely card and an ingenious use of the doily punch for her dress. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card, I love my MS punches, very effective on the skirt, thanks for joining us a Gingerloft this week hugs Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That image is wonderful!! The card is perfect! Thanks for playing with us at Stamp-n-Doodle:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this image Claire...your card is gorgeous. Haven't coloured mine yet...this has inspired me. Might have to case your brilliant punched scalloped skirt idea, it looks brilliant :)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card!!! I love the CAS layout, and your coloring is fabulous!!! I also love the way you used the MS border punch for the hem of her skirt...brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card and the image is fantastic :)
    Thanks so much for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges :)
    huggs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool card! Love your queen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this, I love how you have used the MS punch to created the edge of her dress!!! STUNNING!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...