My lovely blogland friends

Monday 4 March 2013

Springtime at Vintage Stamping Challenges

Good morning folks, have you seen any signs of Spring yet? We keep getting a bit of a tease with blue sky and sunshine but winter hasn't quite given up the ghost yet. We're definitely in the mood for some better weather at Vintage Stamping Challenges as our challenge theme this month is 'Springtime'. As always our lucky winner will receive a fab prize from our generous sponsor Leo from Flonzcraft so don't miss out! 

When I received my last lot of DT goodies from Leo i was soooooooo spoiled for choice lol, it was so hard to choose which stamps to use so I decided to use quite a few :-). I've taken inspiration for my project from my lovely DT sister at Fashionable Stamping Challenges, Joanna (do pop over and check out her blog 'Under a Creative Spell') We had a surprise swap a couple of months ago and i was lucky enough to receive a gorgeous project created by Joanna (you can see it here). Joanna also has a fabulous video tutorial showing how to make utee roses so I made a batch of all different colours and scattered them over my project.

The focal images and the stamps around the border of the frame are all from Flonzcraft stamp set 'Flower kingdom', I just love these stamp they are soooooo pretty. I stamped them on Neenah card and coloured with promarkers and Graph'it markers and then applied pastel shades of PanPastel around the images. Next came some Maimeri Light Modelling paste applied through a crafters workshop template and then more Panpastels.


I added lots of embellies, some UTEE and air dry clay flowers, faux pearls, paper flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, pretty metal corners, pearl trim, a bird cage charm and a little silver butterfly painted with white gesso. I layered all the embellies up over some cheesecloth and added a tiny birds nest complete with eggs and feathers (I picked these up at the £1 shop and coloured the eggs with a little acrylic paint, what a bargain!)


I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Addicted to stamps: bring on Spring
Come and Get it: anything but a card
Heck of a Challenge: spring, butterflies and pearls
Oozak: Anything spring
Sparkle and Glitter (Rick St Dennis): Spring is in the air 
Visible Image: Spring

 I hope your week has started well. I've got a really hectic week lined up at work just for a change, still it will keep me out of mischief (and out of my craftroom grrrrrrr). 
thanks for popping in
Claire xx



17 comments:

  1. A gorgeous piece of artwork Claire. Love all the different elements. You can just keep looking and seeing more and more detail each time. It's beautiful.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness me Claire, however long did this take you ?

    It's an absolutely fabulous fusion of colours and I love it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Claire. I love the vintage images. The colours and details are gorgeous and beautifully arranged.
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Claire what a fabulously vintage work of art. The incredible work and time you have put into this really shows. So much wonderful detail and totally perfect for Spring. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Claire, your design, detail & colours are all gorgeous ! Love it ! I hope you are having a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire, this is stunning! Wow, what detail. Thanks for visiting my blog! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of lovely Spring like colours and plenty of flowers for the warmer weather to come.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire,
    This is amazing, and I always learn when I visit. I now need that melting pot and silicon molds. My Utee jar has been so lonely. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this looks awesome!! Thanks so much for joining us at ATSC. Good luck. Hugs, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful creation. Thanks for playing this week at Come And Get It.
    Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful creation, so many fantastic details.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty frame and vintage picture Thanks for playing with us at Come and Get It.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is so beautifully chic. TFS with us over at Crafty-Emblies this month
    Elaine CEDT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah this is lovely, Thanks for playing on Sparkle and Glitter with Rick. Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful scene you have created, a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining in Addicted to Stamps spring Challenge!
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow amazing, thanks for shareing at 'heck of a challenge' love mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. fab card and wonderful attention to detail - thanks for playing along at a Heck of a challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...