My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Fairyland Money Box

Good morning all, I'm counting down to a nice long weekend off work and hopefully lots of time in my craft room. I certainly won't be venturing far if the weather stays like this. My project today is my entry for the new Lavinia Stamps Challenge and I've made a little mdf money box that I've decorated with Lavinia Stamps and lots of paper flowers. Sorry about the dark pics, its been so grey and dismal here.

Here's a pic of the front, all the images were stamped with black archival ink and coloured with derwent Inktense pencils:


And here's the back and one of the sides:


And the other side of the money box.


I painted the money box with soft cream emulsion paint and then dry brushed green acrylic over the bottom and blue acrylic at the top. The fairies all have a little glamour dust on their wings and I stamped little stars with flitter glu and added some pastel coloured glitter here and there.

The roof of the money box hides the slot to pop the money in, I cut  a rectangle from grungeboard and then attached lots of paper flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts with my hot glue gun (ouch! I always end up with burnt fungers and covered in glue gun cobwebs lol)> Once it was finished I sealed it all with a coat of Maimeri Matte Gel Medium

I'm also entering this project in the following challenges:
Crazy Challenge: Fairies and flowers
Tuesday Throwdown: something dimensional

Thanks for popping by today
Claire xx

18 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful Claire. Love it.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is is so beautiful Claire. I love the images, gorgeous colours and pretty flowers.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous money box Claire. The Lavinia images are beautiful. Have a Happy Easter! Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Claire

    Happy Easter
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty project Claire, the pastel colours are fabulous. I love the flowers on the top, they are a really lovely idea, and bring all of the colours together. Great use of lots of different mediums. As I'm on the AI DT, I'll also say thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations this week! Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire, What a gorgeous money box. This is really quite fun and beautifully magical. Thanks for joining us this month at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenges for March.
    Barbara - SNSCC coordin

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO pretty and the colouring is outstanding! Thanks for entering the challenge and letting us all see your work - I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Claire! Thanks for entering it in the Lavinia Stamps Challenge, good luck! Wendy, Lavinia DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is ace. I may just have to case this for my Grandaughters Birthday later in the year. Shaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo Claire ... always such fabulous art from you .... This is just wonderful work .. Thanks for the support in our challenge Claire.
    Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful project the image is simply striking. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Tuesday Throwdown. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs
    Berni,DT
    tuesdaythrowdown.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful project, love the stamps

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic project Claire, I love your use of stamps, it is a work of art. Thank you for entering it into the Lavinia Stamps Challenge, and good luck. Hugs Pauline, Lavinia DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Claire this is fabulous, i love those images. Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations this week.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful box, Just love the images very enchanting. Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirstions this week. Abbie (Owner) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW... love this... must have taken you ages, thanks for your support, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous box , just love the way you have used the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Toll geworden.
    Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei EAC.
    Liebe Grüße Doreen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...