My lovely blogland friends

Monday 11 March 2013

Easter with the Gecko Galz

Good morning my lovely friends, Monday already but for a pleasant change I'm not moaning about going to work as I've got the day off ! We seem to be back in the grip of winter, yesterday was freezing cold and we had snow, snow in March,eeeeek thats not good.  My card this morning is my entry for the Easter challenge over at the Gecko Galz yahoo group. I've used a gorgeous vintage image from Gecko Galz (of course lol).


I've created a background with PanPastels and used Maimeri iridsescent paste through a Crafters Workshop template. Once that was dry I added some colour with Graph'It markers. I've layered the image up over a scrap of card embossed with a texture fade and some cheesecloth. I've added blue velvet ribbon, green gingham ribbon and a little heart charm, along with some cream lace from The Ribbon Girls. I've gone a bit OTT with embellies on this card, I've added one of my bargain birds nest from the pound shop (coloured the eggs with markers), flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts,  and some faux pearls too.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Brown Sugar: Easter
Crafty Calendar: Easter Eggstravaganza
Oozak : spring
Quirky Crafts: make your own background

Well i'm off to have a very lazy day, after such a hectic week at work last week I don't seem to have any energy so I'm going tidy up and throw some washing in then recharge my batteries in front of the TV with a pile of images to colour (and a large bag of maltesers too). Ahhh bliss! 
Have a good day
Thanks for visiting today, 
Claire xx

13 comments:

  1. A gorgeous creation Claire. Don't know how you manage to add so many embellishments and it looks as if every single one is essential. Hope you have a lovely lazy day and re-charge your batteries.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really gorgeous Claire. A beautiful image and fabulous layering too.
    It's snowing hard here now too!
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are enjoying your well deserved day off Claire. We have snow here too today which is quite unusual for us on the south coast of England.
    Your card is gorgeous. I love the image and beautiful detailing.
    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still my heart, Claire! This is just lovely. Enjoy your day off. Hugs, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Claire this is GORGEOUS!! I love that sweet vintage image and your beautiful embellishments! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Claire. Love all the layers created and beautiful colours you have used. Stunning image. TFS and good luck in the challenges

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous make and such a sweet image, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous hun, love the nest & eggs so sweet!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Awesome hun, love all the details, such a fun card to look at! Great work with the layers and love the little bird nest, so sweet.

    Thanks for joing us at Brown Sugar this week - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet - lovin' those darling little eggs, and what a beautiful image! Thanks for joining in our March challenge at Oozak!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! I love all the textures and layering on this. Thank you so much for joining in with our Quirky Crafts challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how i love your motive, its realy old fashion and gives me the best feeling ever! Thank you for joining the LLC challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...