My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 31 March 2013

Anything goes at PanPastel UK

Good morning folks,  how on earth did it get to be Easter Sunday already? And we've put the clocks forward an hour so its British Summer time, well it doesn't feel like it here lol. I hope you're enjoying the Easter weekend, and have seen a little sunshine. My card today is my DT offering for our new challenge at PanPastel UK where our theme is 'Anything goes', so no excuse not to enter this week! As always we've got a fab prize of a PanPastel Starter set for our lucky winner thanks to our lovely sponsor Berni.



I've used a vintage mermaid image from the Gecko Galz (I just love their images!) and applied it to a card blank using Maimeri Matte Medium. I coloured around the image with neutral grey PanPastel and then used Maimeri Light modelling paste and a Crafters Workshop Template to create a brick effect around the image. Once the paste was dry I applied Burnt Sienna and Raw Umber PanPastels to colour the bricks. I added some shells, faux pearls and a little piece of fishing net , Here's another pic:


I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Clearly Inspired: Anything goes
Happy Campers: add dimensions
Penny's Paper Crafty: anything but a square

Do check out the fab project from my lovely teamies at PanPastel UK if you've got a minute.
Thanks for popping by today
Claire xx

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is stunningly creative. So love the scene you have created.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 500-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
    Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed Easter.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous textures and image Claire, love the shells and net.
    Happy Easter Sunday.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is gorgeous and I love how the image matches the background colours so perfectly! Love the addition of the shell also, just perfect!
    Have a great Easter despite the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely make and that image is lovely. I love the wall you have created with the stencil might have to try that one. Have a lovely Easter.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great project Claire and I love how you have kept the colours to the sepia tones it's so effective

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. An amazing creation Claire. Gorgeous image and the brick wall looks fabulous. Love the shell embellishing too.
    Happy Easter.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter Claire!
    This is gorgeous. I love the image, wonderful brick effect and the shells look fabulous
    hugs sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Claire...I love this creation! The pearls amongst the shells look fantastic. The shells make a gorgeous frame for a beautiful image.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I spy nautical theme going on! What are we like? :)) I love your piece, the mermaid image is really sweet and I love the way you framed it :). And such a fab idea to use Pans over texture paste! Happy Easter! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Claire. Love the shells around the image but mostly that terrific textured wall.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oo this is fab, I love the shells, thank you for joining is at happy campers, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely fabulous!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugs

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely card and a very pretty she'll border. Jx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...