My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 9 May 2010

Under lock and key....

I was really struggling with an idea for this weeks challenge from Frankie at Dragons Dream Tag it on until I noticed my fairy door and remembered how fascinated my friends little girl is by it. She has a little story about the fairy door being locked to keep humans out, they key is on the other side of the door in fairy land where only the fairies can reach it.  I decided to make my tag based on this little story so I made a green fairy door using some wood effect card from my stash and some heartwarming vintage hinges and lock. Inside I created my vision of fairyland using my brayer and dye inks
Here is the outside
I stuck the door to one side of the tag so it would open and here is the inside


The waterfall stamp is from Non Sequitur and the fairy is from elusive images. I brayered the background and then stamped the images.I removed some of the ink with water and added a little more colour with promarkers. The fairy wings and spray from the waterfall are glittered with prisma glitter but it hasnt picked that up very well in the photo. The key is another Heartwarming Vintage sticker, attached to the card with some narrow ribbon and a dragonfly brad.
I'm also entering this tag into the following challenges:
Crafty Calendar:The Great Outdoors (optional extra - insects)
Thanks for looking
Claire xx

12 comments:

  1. wow this is gorgeous love the idea beautiful door and the inside is stunning
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous creation - unique and truly magical! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Crafty Creations! bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally adorable!
    Thanks for going Emerald Green with
    The Daring Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever tag - Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a beautiful idea! This is gorgeous! Love the story behind the card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely brilliant! Inspired! Great tag.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Claire, you always come up trumps and your tag is fabulous. What a lovely story behind your tag.
    I love it
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG this is totally inspired, Claire. I absolutely LOVE it... I am SO chuffed that my theme inspired you to such magnificent work... thanks for dreaming with me and making such a wonderful tag. I think you should guest for me very soon!!!!
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous!! Love the key detail! hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations in our "magical" challenge with your lovely project - so creative - fab! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love it!! It's so different!! Thanks for playing at the Crafty Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a brilliant interpretation of the theme. Fabulous.
    Janette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...