My lovely blogland friends

Friday 28 May 2010

First card of the weekend and exciting news!


I've had a lovely crafty start to my long weekend off and finished this card for the challenge from Cowgirl's Sunday Stamp'en Challenge which is to use Black, White and Red. I am so excited as i've been invited to join the DT at Cowgirl Up, I love working with CJs stamps so I'm one very happy bunny. Anyway enough chat, here is my card which uses the Cowgirl Up image  'Cups_Lou', I love this image as she looks such a party animal


I've made a 8x8 card from A4 white hammered cartstock for this card and stamped the Elusive Images corner stamps directly onto the base card with black versafine. I've then added a scrap of red card and some black trim i got from the local scrap store. I think its actually bra strap elastic as its soooooo strong and stretchy you could nearly use it to bungee jump lol.
 I've stamped the Tim Holtz quote onto white card, mounted onto black card and rounded the corners of both and attached it with foam tape.Lou is coloured with promakers and attached with silicone glue
 I made some flowers from some  pages from a book I've started to alter. I saw them on my friend Janet's blog (have a look, they are really easy to make) and thought they were so gorgeous i had to have a play. I cut out 5 circles of paper for each flower and sprayed them with loads of Lava Red cosmic shimmer mist and used black button brads for the centre. I got in such a mess making these lol, here is a pic of my hands AFTER I'd washed them



I look like I've been killing a pig as my granny would have said.
I'm also entering this card in to the following challenges:
Magical Crafts: Black, White + one more colour
Sketch &Stash - I've rotated the sketch and the black trim is new stash from my trip to the scrap store, everything else is from my untidy craft room
Cupcake Craft Challenge: Black, grey + 1 other
Tanda Teaser: Xtra Large

Thanks for looking
Claire xx

24 comments:

  1. This is fab Claire and yes are crafting does get us messy doesn't it? Congrats on being chosen as a DT. I would love to do that but sadly I am not as talented as all you lovely ladies. Cathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire - I really must have a go at trhose poppies but I'll try to remember to wear rubber gloves.lol.
    You are so brave (and confident I guess) stamping straight on the the coardstock. It's a fabulous card - I love it.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeeha Cowgirl! Love this card! Lou is my fav cowgirl stamp, and you've done a brilliant job with her. So glad your working with us!
    Love as always Gina x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Claire I love the image,well done you for getting on CJ's DT you deserve it ,just have fun.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh those blooms are absolutely beautiful! Even if you did have to 'kill a pig' to make them!! lol!

    Keryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire
    Love this card...those POPPIES are gorgeous,will have to hear how to make them...
    Congratulations too for joining our POSSE!!!
    Hope to speak soon....
    Hugs Alison.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at those hands - you know you've been having a "crafty" time when you look like that! Gorgeous card - love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and congratulations! Glad you had a try at the flowers - they become rather addictive!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spectacular card! You did a fantastic job coloring Lou! Love the highlights on her legs and dress! Great job on those flowers too! Your hands are a sign of a serious crafter! Heehee! Keep up the lovely creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card!! and congratulations for joining the DT!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya Claire
    Gorgeous card Lou looks brilliant and the swirls look great too. Flowers are a great addition and who knows killing a pig hands just might come into fashion!

    Hugs Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card Claire, love those flowers and will be going to check out how to do them. Congrats on the DT but no more than you deserve your stuff is fab.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card and congratulations, x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Claire! Love the colour combo too!
    Thanks for joining in with the Tanda Teaser this week!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Claire and congrats on the DT, you so deserve it as your stuff is gorgeous.
    Will check out the flowers
    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Claire welcome to the CU design team! I am looking forward to seeing all your creations for the challenges and just for fun stuff too.

    Your red fingers are all worth it. Your card is gorgeous and your flowers are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tehhheee NIce hands!! haha! great card too! worth all the mess!! thanks for stopping by my blog too! Hugs Samantha x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card Clare, definately worth the messy hands, hope your hands are no longer red..lol.

    Thanks for joining us over at Magical Crafts.

    Hugs

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a great card Claire and I love the images that you've used.
    Thanks for joining us at Magical Crafts.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card Claire, I love the sentiment stamp. Thanks for taking part in the Magical Crafts challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning card, and such a fabulous take on the sketch.
    Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely! Great choice of 'plus one' colour. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake! Shelly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations - you deserve it! - big time - and the card says that loud and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love it, need it, gotta have that quote!! Beautiful card - well worth sacrificing the fingertips, LOL!! Thanks for playing along at Gingersnap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...