My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 28 May 2017

Anything Goes at We Love 2 Create

Good moring folks, I've been having a play with my PanPastels and paints to make this journal page for our 'Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes' challenge over at We Love 2 Create. As usual there are some lovely crafty goodies for our lucky winner thanks to our sponsors Premium Craft Brands and of course there's Top 3 honours up for grabs too!

I wanted to create the look of weathered copper for this page so mixed lots of  beautiful PanPastels quite randomly for my base layer (you can find links to the colours I used at the bottom of this post). Next I mixed some copper acrylic paint with Glassy Gel Medium and applied through a stencil. Once that was dry I applied a bit more PanPastel and then wiped most of the colour off the stencilling. Glassy gel medium is about the only thing I've found that gives a good resist effect with PanPastels.


It kind of started to go wrong from this point as I decided to add some of the beautiful Steampunk Cogs from Stamperia. I've never used these before and they are so lovely but they are on rice paper which I thought would kind of disappear like tissue does. Unfortunately it doesn't! I carefully tore around the images and applied with matte medium and was left with a white feathery border around the image  - not the look I was after at all so I just kind of went over them with PanPastels to try and blend them in a bit. I'll have to remember to cut the images out of the rice paper next time.

I dabbed versamark ink here and there and used some WOW Verdigris EP  to create some more weathered texture, I love this stuff, it looks fab in real life.

The butterfly is from Chocolate Baroque, stamped with versamark on acetate and them embossed with WOW Copper EP. I cut the butterfly out and coloured the back with alcohol inks. I used silicone glue to give the butterfly a bit of dimension.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

A Inky Mess: Anything Mixed Media Goes
Dream Valley: things with wings
Let's craft and Create: make your own background
WOW Embossing Powders: anything goes with WOW EPs

Thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

6 comments:

  1. Yummy textures... and copper + Verdigris is one of my favourite effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunner Clare and absolutely gorgeous colours. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is all I know what to write because it is so beautiful. Love everything about it including that cool butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic, Claire!

    That background of yours...just WOW! You really captured the feel of rust and timeworn goodness! A beautiful journal page!

    thank you so much for sharing it with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous texture and colour, brilliant. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Let’s Craft and Create challenge 125, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...