My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 23 December 2012

Tree Silhouette from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning folks, this week seems to have gone by in a blur but despite being busy at work, my washer breaking down and the fact that it doesn't seem to have stopped raining for weeks I'm just about ready for Christmas. In  fact I managed to grab an hour in my craft room to make this card, featuring the 'Stamp of the Week' from Chocolate Baroque which is Tree Silhouette.


I love this stamp, its such a beautiful image and lends itself to all sorts of scenic cards. I thought I'd make one last Christmas card before I pack the Christmas stash away.

I began by stamping the main image on a square of white card with versamark and embossing with black embossing powder. Next I used a black sakura glaze pen to extend the scene beyond the stamped image. I masked the moon and used various shades of blue distress inks to create the sky, splashing with water and blotting to create a bit of a snowstorm effect.

The sentiment is also from Chocolate Baroque as is the snowflake stamp used for the background.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Aud Sentiments: anything with a sentiment
Card Mania: Snowflakes
Craft a Scene: winter scene
Crafts and Me: Winter wonderland: 
Loves Rubber Stamps: Merry Christmas
Raise the Bar: Let it snow

I hope you're getting organised for the big day. I'm waiting for the nice man from Tesco to deliver my food shopping and then I'm just about ready so once that little lot is put away the day is my own. 
Thanks for popping by, have a lovely Sunday
Claire xx

22 comments:

  1. Oh this is sooo beautiful Claire. I love how you have extended the scene...absolutely gorgeous!!1
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Claire. I love the scene you have created and the colours look amazing

    Thank you, also, for taking part in the Card Mania Challenge

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire, lovely scenery with this stamp, great job! Wishing you all the best and have some fine days! warm greet and Christmas hugs, Mirandaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Claire! Thank you for playing along at Card Mania!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a super way of using that stamp - very manly too & I absolutely love the way you extended the stamp, it is utterly effective. Your sentiment is utterly true too.
    Have a super time & hope Barney doesn't get too excited with all the paper.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire I love the scene you have created with that stamp it's brilliant

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claire, Beautiful card, it's great how you turned the tree image into a Christmas creation ! Seasons Greetings ! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card - what a beautiful stamp (I just had to go and look on Chocolate Baroque - it's going on my wishlist) - thanks for linking for my CHNC challenge 104 - hope to see you again soon. Happy Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, wow, this is breathtaking. I love this scene.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful winter card!!
    the moon looks amazing!
    thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this stamp but have never managed anything as gorgeous as this card with it. Love the way you have extended the scene out of the frame and the colouring of the sky.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another of your beautiful scene cards Claire, love it.
    Have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed new year.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is so beautiful, love the colors you used and the fabulous design. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous card in great colors.
    A Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a gorgeous scene love the colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely stunning! love the scene you created! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Claire. Thanks for joining us at CraftsandMe.
    Hugs Tracy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A gorgeous scene, Claire! Thanks for joining us at Craft a scene this month x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A really great moonlit winter scene Claire.

    Thanks so much as sharing with us at Craft a Scene challenge this month.

    Wishing you a Happy New Year.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely stinning work! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautifully created scene, really impressive. Thank you for joining us at Craft A Scene this month. Have a happy New year. xxx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your scene makes a lovely card Claire. Thanks for joining us again this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...