Good morning my friends, we've got a brand new challenge starting at Vintage Stamping Challenges today and I've chosen the theme which is 'Pocket Full of Posies', we all love flowers don't we? As usual there is a generous prize up for grabs, from our lovely sponsor Leo at Flonzcraft. I've made a little gift for my DT project, hope you like it.
I've used stamps from the gorgeous 'Countrylife Pastoral' set which is a fab bargain and has some beautiful focal stamps, we often neglect the smaller stamps in a set but I wanted to showcase the beautiful flower silhouette stamps in this lovely set. I created a little gift box, using a free template from Craft Stamper magazine. I began by making the template up using brown card. I then used the template to create panels for each of the sections of the box, distressing them with antique linen ad tea dye distress ink and stamping with a crackle background stamp from Stampers Anonymous. I then stamped the flower silhouettes with versamark and embossed with gold EP. Lastly I added faux chocolate brown pearls using cosmic shimmer glue, I also used this to create some little pearl feet for the box. I also made a floral brooch to pop in the gift box. My blogland buddy Joanna made some gorgoeus delicate jewellery a week or two ago and I took inspiration from her techniques to create the centre for my flower. Have a peep at Joanna's gorgeous work here.
I made the centre of the flower by stamping the flower silhouette on a scrap of craft resist cardstock and distressing with tea dye distress ink. I sprinkled on gold and brown mica flakes and a little green glitter and then attached a 30mm glass glintz with Maimeri gloss medium. Once it was dry I trimmed around the edge of the glass.
I made the flower by die cutting Crinoline fabric from the Funkie Junkie Boutique using the two largest flowers from Tattered Florals (3 of each). I also cut 3 of each of the flowers in netting. I coloured the crinoline flowers with distress stains and the netting flowers with alcohol ink. I layered them up, using a dot of cosmic shimmer glue in between each layer. I used more cosmic shimmer glue to attach the flower centre and left it overnight to dry.
Next I had a bit of a problem as all the glue made it impossible to sew the brooch back to the flower. It taxed my poor little brain cell but eventually I came up with a plan lol. I die cut a circle of grungeboard, coloured with vintage photo distress ink and sewed the pin to the grungeboard before gluing it to the back of the flower.
Phew, I was a happy bunny until I turned my back for a second and found Barney, my very mischievous puppy chewing it up! Eeek fortunately its meant to look a bit distressed lol.
I'm entering this (slightly chewed) project in the following challenges:
Alphabet Challenge: V for Vintage
Crafting for all seasons: flowers
Crafty Emblies: Vintage Shabby Chic
Joanna Sheen Challenge: anything goes but Christmas
Sugar Creek Hollow: Distressing
Totally gorjuss: anything goes with glitter
Well as its Monday morning, I'd better get my act together and venture out in the cold to go to work
Have a great day, whatever you are doing and if you have a few minutes do check out my talented teamies projects as they are really stunning.
Thanks for popping by