Well I did it, got my Bind it all off the shelf, dusted it off and had a go. It might have helped if I'd spotted the dvd in the box before I had a play but no, I didn't notice that until I put it away lol. After a lot of faffing around I managed to make this note book (don't look too closely at the slightly wonky wires)
I used covers that came with the BIA (7x5 ish) and painted them with Viva Precious Metal Paint. Once the paint was dry I ran a black stazon inkpad around the edges and stamped an Elusive Images background stamp in versamark as the cente panel. I dusted it with mica powders and then stamped some faux stitching down both sides with a HOTP stamp. I then attached a layer of wide lime ribbon and some narrower bluey green ribbon around the cover.The image is Winter Watcher by Ching-Chou Kuik, coloured with promarkers and matted on some black card with embossed faux stitching around the edge. I also added some glossy accents to the cats eye. The two flowers are made using an Elusive images stamp, the centres are bottlecaps crushed in my cuttlebug and filled with peacock blue glitter.
To finish off I added some little black gems and a beaded dangle which is mostly made of beads from my stash .... apart from the pale beaded beads which are made of baby wipes rofl.
I've got a pile of baby wipes in beautiful colours from cleaning up my inky mess but I never really know what to do with them (all ideas appreciated please lol). I tried punching one and ruined my favourite flower punch and today I managed to snap some nymo beading thread while stitching these (what do they make babywipes from? ????).
The beads are easy to make but a little fiddly. I cut the baby wipe into strips and rolled them around a wooden skewer, fastening the end with dst. I then threaded a beading needle with nymo thread and added my beads. When I got to a baby wipe bead I stitched almost through the bead and came out near the top. I then threaded small bugle and seed beads on my needle and wrapped it around the baby wipe bead. This is attached by stitching back into the babywipe bead and then out of the top of the bead!!
I'm entering my little note book in the following challenges
Magical Crafts:Flower Power
Our Creative Corner: Keep your cool colour challenge - blues and greens
Cute Card Thursday: Renew, Reuse, Recycle (my baby wipes and bottletops)
Sketch Saturday: I've used the sketch for my cover layout
Thanks for looking, I hope you've had a good weekend. I usually hate Sunday nights but as I don't have to go to work tomorrow I'm a happy bunny :-)