My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 30 April 2017

Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes at We Love to Create

Good morning my lovelies, it's time for a new challenge over at We Love 2 Create and our theme is 'Anything Mixed Media/Creative Goes' just for a change lol. We've got a fabulous prize of some crafty goodies from Premium Craft Brands for our lucky winner and you don't even have to use our products to enter!


For my DT project, I've made a spring themed canvas using my PanPastels. I began by using a little Hansa Yellow and Bright Yellow Green PanPastel on a canvas board, I blended it with Colourless Blender to give a soft wash of colour. I applied the same colours on some white card but added more depth by layering the PanPastels and then spritzing with glimmer mists. Once this was dry I tore it into trips and applied it to the canvas. Next came some texture paste through a stencil and a spinkle of glamour dust for some sparkle.


I made the flowers using Foamiran which I cut with Sizzix and Sheena  Douglas dies,  I'm soooo loving Foamiran at the minute! I've used Yellow and white Foamiran for these flowers and added a little colour with gelatos. T
he foliage was made using scraps of the backing card die cut with Polkadoodles dies. I stamped the sentiment (from IndigoBlu) onto another scrap of the backing card with versamark and embossed with White EP and distressed it with a craft knife. I layered the flowre and foliage up over a scrap of cheesecloth and a paper doily. For a finish touch I added a few little raindrops by applying dots of glossy accents and using a cocktail stick to drag the drops to create a drop shape.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

Brown Sugar: no image, just a sentiment
Frilly and Funkie: put on your inking cap
That's Crafty: Bright


Thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx




5 comments:

  1. Those flowers are fab! The rest of the canvas is beautiful too with those bright colours and stencilled textures. The very breath of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful creation. Lovely bright colours and gorgeous flowers..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daffodils make me happy and so does your glorious sunshine canvas. Wonderful textures and composition.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love how you used your pans on these amazing paper layers and the flowers are a fantastic touch. I so wish I could get hold of some foamarin. Love your project! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Claire, this is sensational. What a gorgeous yellow. It makes me smile just to look at it! The flowers are beautiful and I love all the dimension and texture. It's always great to have you playing with us at Frilly and Funkie!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...