My lovely blogland friends

Monday 7 July 2014

Mermaid Fragments

Good morning, well its Monday already but I'm counting the days until my week off work next week! I can't wait :-) Today's card features the gorgeous new stamps from Chocolate Baroque, Tangled Fragments. I've combined them with an old favourite, the beautiful mermaid from Underwater Kingdom
 

I began by stamping the mermaid with Memento Tuxedo Black and colouring her with Graph'It markers before masking her with some masking tissue. I stamped the lovely fragment in the background using a Waterfall Big & Juicy inkpad and then inked around the edges very lightly with distress inks (Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters). I  removed the masking tissue and added a shadow around the mermaid with my markers


The background was made with the Waterfall Big & Juicy inkpad, I swiped it over my craft mat and misted the ink with water before mopping up with a square of white card. I over stamped with the same inkpad, again using the beautiful fragment stamp. I used the excess ink on my craft mat to colour some seam binding ribbon.

I used some little pearls in the corners and added a sentiment from Loving Sentiments and popped on a little turtle charm to finish off.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Brown Sugar: anything goes
Cards Galore Encore: digital/rubber stamping
Ruby's Rainbow: stamping

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

11 comments:

  1. I would not have thought of putting these new fragment stamps on an underwater scene, but they go so well. I love this card, and the gorgeous background you've made.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mermaids and I love the colours you've used in this card, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow wow wow - I adore this - these fragments are awesome - I will have to await my return from my holidays to buy these - but they are a must! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire! I love your creation! There's something very satisfying creating backgrounds with a mix of an ink and water on a craft sheet then swooshing a card in it and watching the magic happen, don't you think? I love the background! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply stunning! Love that background and that mermaid is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.
    Tina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card with nice colors! I like the background (tangled fragments) and the mermaid together, very nice! Thank you for joining the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge "Use a Stamp or Digi Stamp". Hope to see you again! Good luck!

    Daria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely amazing make, Claire!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is so beautiful.thanks for joining in with us at Ruby's Rainbow.good luck.hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Claire this cards is super, I love the image and the colours are so wonderfull and great, amazing stamping work!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Claire,
    What a great background you have created, and a beautiful stamp. Thanks for sharing with us at LLC.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...