My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 30 April 2013

A bit of glueing and sticking...

Good morning my lovelies, my project today is a little mannequin for a change and guess what? I haven't used a single stamp! its not like me at all but I had some pretty napkins and I thought the colours would be perfect for a spring project.

I primed the mannequin with gesso and then gave it a coat of cream acrylic paint. Once that was dry I applied the flowers from the napkin with Maimeri Matte Gel Medium and left it to dry (don't ask how long it took me to cut the flowers out lol) Next I applied Maimeri Light modelling paste through a Crafters Workshop Harlequin template, once it was dry I added flitter glu and gilding flakes to highlight the pattern. 

I gave her a skirt made from tulle and some beautiful beaded lace trim. I also gave her a seam binding ribbon belt with a little pearl buckle and a necklace made with pearl string from the Ribbon Girl.  I added some utee roses to finish off.


I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Allsorts: anything but a card
Crafty Emblies: anything goes
Crafting for all seasons: No stamps allowed
Crafty Ribbons: anything goes with ribbon
In the pink: ribbons and ruffles
So Artful: green pink blue (spring colours)
That Craft Place: altered items
Totally Gorjuss: ribbon and pearls

Well I may have been doing some Spring crafting but there's nothing Springlike about the weather, its sooooo cold and windy, fingers crossed it will be better for the weekend as we get an extra day off  for the bank holiday.
Thanks for visiting today, 
Claire xx


20 comments:

  1. Wowsers, this is totally stunning!! The mannequin itself is brilliant anyway but the added little extras like the gilding and texture and that skirt, really give this the wow factor, and let's face it, projects don't always have to include stamping....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a super bit of indulgence Claire, it really is very pretty.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Claire!
    This is my 1st time leaving a comment on your blog!
    But I had too!
    This is stunning so creative!
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous!!! I have bought a manikin to decoupage, but not tackled it yet, thanks 4 the inspiration!! Hugs Juls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, love it, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say Claire is wow wow wow, you never fail to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Claire. I am always amazed by your creativity!! This really is so beautiful. I love all the detailing you have added.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Claire, what a fabulous project, love all the details.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful Claire - you have infinite patience and skill cutting out those flowers so perfectly.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! Love it! May I have it...lol!!!
    Hugs
    Karien
    In the Pink

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just beautiful Claire, so creative! Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Anything But A Card challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, I can only imagine how long this took Claire, and well worth the effort. Beautiful. Hugs Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful Claire. Love the floral "dress." And the other embellishments, especially the utee flowers. This looks like a lot of work but it's been worth all your time. Thanks for joining us at TG again this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Claire - I LOVE this. It's so pretty - brilliantly done. Would be fabulous as a jewellery stand. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a stunning pink creation... it must have taken you ages to make! I love everything about it.

    Thanks for sharing at In The Pink this time.. hope to see you here again soon with another fabbie pink creation!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty - what a gorgeous make!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons and Totally Gorjuss. Good luck
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  18. Been Blog Hopping and found you.
    Wow! Oh! Wow! This is absolutely stunning

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty creation.

    Thanks for sharing at That Craft Place this time.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow wow amazing stunning creation and so elegant and chic. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...