My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Under the sea at MPS

Hi, Tuesday already so its time for another challenge over at Michelle Perkett Studios, this time our challenge is 'Under the Sea' so I've used Michelle's beautiful digi stamp 'Eva the Glam Mermaid' for this card (you can find Eva and all her beautiful mermaid friends in Michelle's Etsy Store)


Eva is coloured with promarkers and has dots of stickles here and there as she like some bling lol. I made the background by sponging the sun and sky and adding strips of brayers glossy card for the waves. I made the waves using the scrunched paper technique and Big & Juicy waterfall inkpad. I then rubbed a versmark pad over some more scrunched paper, picked it up with the brayer and rolled it over the blue. I added some seafoam white EP and heat embossed, it doesn't show very well on the pic but I'm pleased with the effect. For the 'froth' on top of the waves, I tore the brayered card roughly and glittered the edges with prisma glitter. I framed Eva with some sparkly mirri card (it looks more green in the pic but its a more blue colour IRL), some blue drop gems from my stash and some gorgeous bp from K&Co. The roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts and they are layered on some die cut flowers made from glimmer misted scrap paper and vellum.

I'm entering Eva in the following challenges:
Creative Cottage: Embossing
ABC Challenge : G is for Glitter
Creative Inspirations: Glitter, glamour, Girly
Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes
Lollipop Crafts: Embossing

Thanks for visiting today, don't forget to check out my teamies blogs to meet some more of Michelle's gorgeous mermaids and to see their beautiful cards!!
Claire xx

14 comments:

  1. Claire, your Eva is georgeous!!!! My cumputer is having problems and everything is super bright and even through that I can she that your Eva is stunning. I love how you colored her.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is terrific, love how she looks like she is in the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see you join us this week. Beautiful coloring! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenge. this week. Hope to have you join us again for more challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Claire, the colours truly look like under the sea and the image is divine.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the creative cottage for our embossing challenge hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Claire. I love those scrunched up flowers.I've used Eva too for my card this week which I must get on my blog.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow.. lovely card.. love your coloring too. Thank you for playing with us this week on our anything goes challenge at craft your passion! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire, this is stunning!! OMG, I cant get over how you colored her hair!! Love everything about her and just love your beautiful flowers!!:) Thank you for your lovely inspiration!

    Hugs,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Claire - loved the colours you used and the sea ripple and foam effect. - Pauline L

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card - love the colours you used on the mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful image and I love how you colored her! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Inspirations challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! this is gorgeous!! your coloring is superb! Thank you for joining us at Lollipop Crafts!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made a wonderful card too - thanks for playing along in the Lollipop Crafts Embossing Challenge this week! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...