My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 6 November 2010

Snowman with heart...

Hi, don't you just love the weekends? I've had a really busy week at work so I was well ready for a crafting fix and as Christmas is creeping up on us so quickly i thought i'd make another Christmas card. I won't be caught out this year though, Irene, Max and Ann at Bah Humbug have kept me in the Christmas spirit all year  and I've almost got all my cards made (its not like me to be such a goody two shoes lol) Anyway this weeks theme at Bah Humbug is fancy folds, so I've made this card using this cute 'Snowman with Heart' from Michelle Perkett (he has 20% off this week as he is in the spotlight at Michelle Perkett Studios!!)


I don't know what this kind of fold is called, I did know but can't remember anyway its one of the few fancy folds i can manage as I'm not good at fancy folds. The snowman is coloured with promarkers and then I added some swirls with a versamark pen and some Shasta Puff EP and some irridescent glitter. The icicle border is made using a Marianne die (from Linda at Jazzlins Designs) and the snowflakes are cut with my cricut. The snowflakes are cut from white card and then glittered with crushed glass glitter and some more irridescent glitter (which looks blue on the pic for some reason) and gems in the centres
I added a couple of white organza bows and the sentiment which comes with the supercute snowman.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:
Simon Says: All White
ABC Christmas: Winter wonderland + white
Charisma Cardz: With love at Christmas
Polkadoodles: Quick and Easy Christmas
Top Tip Tuesday: Christmas Inspired

Thanks for calling by. Don't forget you still have time to enter this weeks 'Under the Sea' Challenge over at Michelle Perkett Studios.
Claire xx

25 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous claire i must try to find a tutorial for this fab card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire - so cute!

    We have a challenge that you fits your creations of Christmas theme, why don't you head on over and enter.
    We have some BONUS prizes too!
    There's a maximum of 2 entries.

    ☺ Sandi
    DT Lead Team 1 for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fancy fold snowman card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire,
    I've seen this card popping up around blogland recently but can't for the life of me remember what it's called either LOL. Whatever it's name, it looks fabulous with your snowman and the icicle detail across the top is really effective, showing the different levels beautifully. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles, have my fingers crossed for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! The time you spent on it was well worth the effort. It's a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card, love all the icicles and the cute snowman. Thanks for joining us at Bah Humbug this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Claire

    What a gorgeous and stunning card. I love white on white with just a touch of colour. Your icicle punch is great and so effective - (hmm may have to buy this) Love, love the snowman and your little sentiment. Just perfect.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange atr Bah!Humbug!
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. He turned out darling...love the snow pain dimension and the melting ice about his head....cool fold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh this is a real winner Claire. I'm in love with your icicle die - I want it!!! oh my this commenting lark is just so expensive!
    Thank you for fancy folding with us this week at Bah! Humbug!
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous "snowy" card Claire! love that Icicle border :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is wonderful, and those icicles hanging off the folds that look like roof eaves are just genius! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is a wonderful holiday card -- you can feel the icicles and it brings up all kindsof lovely Christmasey thoughts. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really cute! loving that icicles punch! thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the look of the icicles, super card. Thanks for joining us over at Polkadoodles this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the icicles!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is GORGEOUS!!! Wow!! I love the icicle border, it is perfect for that image! Neat fold too!!! THANKS for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  18. great card - thanks for joining in the MTTC challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Claire, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your "fancy fold" is brilliant. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous card :-) the image is very cute and the details are fab :-) I love this !!

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card - the icicles looks fab!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great project - Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles this week! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful Christmas creation! Thanks for sharing your project with us at Polka Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Claire!! Lovely Christmas creation! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. snowmen always make me smile. Gorgeous Christmas card. Thanks for joining in the Polkadoodle Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...