My lovely blogland friends

Monday 24 July 2017

Winter Solstice from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning folks, a quick post before I dash off to work as I wanted to share this project made using stamps and stencils from Chocolate Baroque.


 I began by stamping 
Winter Dawn onto white car and coloured her with Graph'It Markers. I outlined the image with a black marker annd then applied black gesso all round and then added some colour using Twinkling H2O paint in blued and purples. I stamped the image again on acetate using versmark in and embossed with a sparkly white powder. I cut the snowflakes out and layered them up over the image. I added a little glue and glitter too give some more dimension.


 I added some stencilling around the image using the Seasonal Elements stencil and glassy gel medium, sprinkling with more glitter while the medium was still wet. The colours of the paint have bled through this while it was drying, a happy accident as I love the effect!  I applied clear versamark ink through the stencil to create the wording and embossed with Icicle WOW EP. I layered the focal image up one some corrugated card that I'd painted with black gesso and highlighted with a little silver gilding wax. I added a little scrap of ribbon and a snowflake embellishment to finish off.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

4 Crafty Chicks: Blue Christmas
Christmas at Sweet Stampin: Anything goes for Christmas
Frilly and Funkie: Christmas
WOW embossing powder: Anything goes with EP

Thanks so much for popping by, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

2 comments:

  1. The colors just POP against your wintry sky. Wonderful coloring, too. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Frilly and Funkie Christmas in July Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweet Claire! Look at this exquisite work! Wow oh wow, how beautiful! You created such a moody winter background which sets the stage for your vibrant girl. A gorgeous contrast! We are ever so thankful that you shared with us at Frilly and Funkie! Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...