Hello there folks, its time for a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and this time around our theme is 'Sunrise/Sunset' as chosen by my lovely teamie Sandra. A great theme and I had loads of fun creating my DT project. Don't forget our lucky winner will receive a fab $20 voucher to spend at Flonzcraft but you have to ink up those stamps to play along (no digi stamps allowed!)
For my DT project I've used some of the gorgeous stamps from the Chocolate Baroque 'Summer Fairies' collection. I stamped the fairies and masked them with Pebeo masking fluid, I'm totally addicted to this stuff as its so easy to use, doesn't clog your brushes up and rubs off really easily too. I'd seen it on TV and thought it looked too good to be true but it isn't!!
Once I'd masked the fairies I set to with my distress inks and a Clarity stencil brush and just brushed in the sunset sky starting with shades of yellow then adding pinks and purple. Then I toik an ink blending tool and brushed darker shades around the edges - chipped sapphire, dusty concord and finally black soot. I used some more black soot and a torn paper mask to ink in the foreground and also to stamp in some silhouette flowers and foliage. I watered down a little of the black in and painted in a few clouds and then left it to dry before rubbing off the masking fluid.
While it was drying I create the background using a 12x12 canvas board. I gave it a good coat of black gesso and blasted it with my heat gun to dry it. Next came my Dutch Doobadoo Stars stencil and some Sparkle Medium (I used clear, black and purple) that I've had for ages. I'd used the clear but never used the colours and they are gorgeous so I'll definitely be using them again. I brushed the leftover mixture around the edges of the canvas and also around the edge of the scene I'd created and left it to dry. I'm so impatient I hate waiting for things to dry lol.
Next step was to colour the fairies, so I set to with my Lyra Polycolour pencils and coloured them up. I used some Self adhesive sparkly acetate for the wings, it looks so pretty in real life but is a bit camera shy lol. I added some glittery dots to sparkle like stars in the night sky and added some highlights with a White Graph'It Shake pen.
To finish off I added some black lace and purple ribbon topped with a pretty crystal flower button and a bead cap from my stash.
I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Creative Artiste Challenge: anything goes mixed media
Let's Colour Saturday Linky Party: Anything goes with something coloured
Jade's Sparkling Butterflies: Anything goes/fantasy
Morgans Art World: add flowers
Moving along with the times: things with wings
Thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon