My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 16 September 2015

Chocolate Baroque Challenge 15

Good morning folks, its time for a new challenge at Chocolate Baroque Challenge and this month we've got a gorgeous colour palette for inspiration. I've had fun with Brushos for my DT project and as always my teamies have created some gorgeous projects. Our random winner (chosen from entries using CB stamps) will receive a £15 voucher to spend on goodies from Chocolate Baroque and there are Top 3 honours up for grabs too.



To make this card I stamped the large flower from Sunny Sunflowers onto watercolour card and masked the image off.

I've used Black, Grey and Lemon brusho powders sprinkled onto watercolour card and then misted with water to create my background. I love all the different tones that you get with Brushos, some of the greys have a greenish hue, soooo pretty!



When I removed the mask some of the paint had leaked through but I kind of liked the shadow effect so I didn't worry too much about it.

Next I stamped the bees which are from Rose Tree with black archival ink. I used a little diluted bleach to remove the brusho colour from the bees an then added some colour with distress markers.  I also used my distress markers to colour the sunflower.


I added some glamour dust to the wings using a quickie glue pen.

The sentiment was stamped with versamark and embossed with silver embossing powder (the sentiment is from Words of comfort and Cheer).
To finish off I've added some white dots with a Graph'It shake pen and doodled around the edges.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Aud Sentiments: anything goes plus a sentiment
Corrosive Challenges: Mixed Media
Papertake Weekly: animal magic
Penny Black and more: anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Favourite technique 
(its like trying to pick a favourite child lol but at the minute Brushos are my favourite)

thanks so much for visiting today
Claire xx


12 comments:

  1. Wow the effect of this background is amazing! A lovely blend of colours and those beautiful bees top it off wonderfully.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Claire! Love the colors, the images you chose to use and the details of the glitter! Nicely done! Thank you for sharing your project and creativity with us at Aud Sentiments for our ATG challenge!
    ~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT
    Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, what a great use of the colour scheme - I love how the colours blend, and the bees are wonderful.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background technique. It added a nice shadow effect to the sunflower. Thanks for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing technique and you really pulled it off! How beautiful is this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning card Claire and such a lovely choice of colours.

    Many thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous background! Beautiful card! The background makes me think of the fireflies! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday "Love this Technique" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, it's like a nightsky / universe! Have to try it as well, I just love it!
    Your other projects are a joy to see as well. The birdhouse, the colouring on the Nikki Burnette card! I still have to learn how to do that. The domino book - love the colours. The canvas - like how you turned it 45 degrees and the butterflies and darkened edges are lovely. Thanks for crafting and sharing it.
    Hugs,
    Daqa / Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool card!! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! That background is amazing! Thanks for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments, hope to see you again next challenge!
    Jennifer, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. So wonderfully done. Thanks for sharing your talent with us over at Corrosive Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, the bees look so life like they could have just landed on your card.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts & good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...