My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 3 June 2015

Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge

Good morning folks, how's your week going so far? Its another busy one at work for me, I really could do with a lottery win so I can stay at home and play in my craft room lol. Anyway you still have a week to enter our challenge at Chocolate Baroque Challenge where we have a gorgeous colour palette to work with again this month. Its well worth playing along as our winner receives a voucher to spend at Chocolate Baroque and of course you could be picked as one of our top 3 too!


I've got into the habit of starting by matching our colour palette with my distress inks, and this time around I've used  Stormy Sky, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers and Seedless Preserves.


 I made an inky background using my inks and some rock salt and over stamped using the pretty dragonflies from Moonlit Waterfall using black archival ink and matted on some black card.

To create the little scene I stamped the frog from the Lily Pad clear stamp set, masked him and stamped in the gorgeous water lilies behind the frog, the flowers along the top and then added the lanterns (all from the same set of stamps). I set to colouring with my Graph'It markers and blender pen

I've matted the image on white card and then black, distressing the layers with a craft knife and simply added some purple ribbon and a paper flower.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Brown Sugar: ribbon/flowers
Corrosive Challenges: anything goes
Craft your Passion: anything goes
Crazy Challenge: ribbon or lace
Glitter'n'Sparkle: add an animal
Papertake Weekly: anything goes
Pile it on: Colouring

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

4 comments:

  1. wow Claire - this is absolutely gorgeous - I adore it! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just stunning... love the colours you have used and the image... beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle - Vic, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous coloring on your card! I think I would craft all day if I won the lottery too:) Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...