My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 15 March 2015

Alter it at PanPastel UK

Good morning my lovelies, I hope you're having a good weekend so far. We have a new challenge at PanPastel UK starting today and this time around our theme is 'Alter it' . Our lucky winner will receive a gorgeous mask and a PanPastel too so I hope you're going to play along.


For my DT project I've altered the cover of a 'Next' directory to make an art journal cover. I must have been psychic when I decided to make this last weekend as when I got home from work on Monday Barney (my mischievous lab) had chewed the cover off my dylusions art journal. Interestingly he'd ripped out the pages that I'd been working on and left the blank pages intact, I guess he doesn't think much of my art journalling lol.

Anyway after a coat of Maimeri White Gesso I added scraps of paper, die cuts, lace trim and Ranger Tissue Wrap with Maimeri Matte Gel medium. Once that was dry I applied another coat of gesso and then got to work with Maimeri Light Modelling Paste and lots of Dutch Doobadoo stencils (you can find links to the products I've used at the end of this post) I added some colour with Pearlescent PanPastels in Green and Blue and for a little extra sparkle I applied some White Coarse Pearl PanPastel (love love love this stuff its so shimmery and sparkly but very difficult to capture the effect in a photo)

I've used stamps from Indigo Blu, stamped on tissue paper with memento inks. I also added some ribbon, lace, bead trim, pearls, a metal filigree corner to finish off.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Altered Eclectics: anything goes altered art
Creative Moments: anything goes/ Spring green
Country View Crafts: anything goes
Fussy and Fancy: ribbon and lace
Frilly and Funkie: Bring on the bling
Indigo Blu: Spring greens
Simon Says Stamp: things that fly
STAMPlorations : March Stamps and stencils

Thanks so much for visiting today
Claire xx




21 comments:

  1. Absolutely tremendous Claire, I love everything about it.
    Barney was obviously feeling crafty!
    Happy Mothers Day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cover and beautiful stamp! The Next directory is perfect for this type of project, I did one too but still have the inside to finish. Don't you think Barney was trying steal the artwork? maybe he wanted to decorate his digs with it!
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing now I had kept my copies Claire .. beautiful cover, love your idea!! Have a great day missy xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great recycling job Claire, love all the texture you created using the stencils.
    Thanks for joining us for STAMPlorations stamp and stencil challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should send a copy of this to 'Next' Claire it's way better than the original.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOooo! This is really pretty! I am loving all the texture and the vintage feel of your altered art. Thanks for sharing it over at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear Barney attacked your journal Claire but at least we got to see this fantastic replacement cover. Love the way the texture works with the stamping and touches of bling. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous cover ..... love all the detail. Thanks for joining in with the IndigoBlu Challenge .... good luck! LindyLou xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab cover...love all your elements and colour palette.
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Alterd Eclectics...x

    ReplyDelete
  10. great mixed media project :) thank you for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Claire,thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh what a cheeky dog!! Love this cover and the textured layers you've created on it. Thanks for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics ~ Steffi :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this new cover with the great texture and that lovely gal as a focal point. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  14. Naughty Barney! Fab make, love it.
    Hugs
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW - that naughty doggie, but what can you do?! This journal cover is gorgeous, I really must try this!!!! Good luck! Maxine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd keep this one away from Barney if I were you :) Fab cover, thank you for joining us at IndigoBlu this month, good luck. Nikki K. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely! Thank you for sharing at Fussy & Fancy and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is stunning ♥♥

    Thank you for joining the IndigoBlu Spring Greens challenge. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely fabulous, I love it. Thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic textures!! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful project! Thanks for sharing over at Altered Eclectics! Hugs Erin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...