My lovely blogland friends

Thursday 18 December 2014

Steamunk Funky Fish from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning folks, have you seen this months fabby new releases from Chocolate Baroque? There's Steampunk Seaworld and Steampunk Funky Fish (you can find them here and even better they are on special offer!!). I've tried to create a rusty effect on this card, after all swimming around in salty water would make our little steampunk fishes go rusty lol.


I've used two of the stamps from Steampunk Funky Fish for this card. I began with a distress ink background (using Broken China, Tumbled Glass and Weathered Wood distress inks). I stencilled over the top with Mowed Lawn distress ink though a Crafters Workshop Cell Stencil. Next I used the same stencil and blotted with damp kitchen roll to remove some of the colour. I stamped some foliage (from Seadragon) with Mowed Lawn distress ink. I distressed the edges and matted the background on some copper mirri card.

I took some self adhesive foil tape (from the plumbing department of my local DIY store) that I'd attached to a scrap of white card and added some colour with alcohol inks. I stamped the fish and the seadragon with Versmark and embossed with WOW Copper embossing powder before cutting them out and popping them on my background with 3d foam pads.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Corrosive Challenges: anything goes
Creative Card Crew: anything goes
My Craft Creations: anything goes
My time to craft: make a scene
Sentimental Sundays: anything goes

Thanks for popping by today
Claire xx

5 comments:

  1. Made me smile when I saw this card Claire it looks so cute.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous background and the embossed fishes look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card - love the background and those fish look amazing! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the effects on this card - fabulous! Thanks for sharing this with us at Sentimental Sundays! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun fish! Very pretty!
    Happy Holidays from the team at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. We are so glad that you joined our Anything a Goes Challenge this week. Thanks for playing along with your steampunk fish.
    ~Michelle
    http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...