My lovely blogland friends

Monday 21 April 2014

Waterlily mermaid from Sweet Pea Stamps

Good morning folks, how's your long weekend going? Awful weather here, but I suppose its a bank holiday so what else can we expect? The cold winds and grey skies are a good excuse to leave the gardening and play in my craft room (not that I need much of an excuse lol). Today's card features Waterlily Mermaid , a digistamp by Elaine Cox from Sweet Pea Stamps. I couldn't resist colouring her up for the challenge over at Sweet Pea Stampers where the theme is Mermaids and there's a special prize up for grabs


The background was made with distress inks (mowed lawn, picked raspberry and broken china) and i've coloured the image with Graph'It  Markers and added some lime green stickles.


I've layered her up on a spellbinders die cut and made some little rolled roses from scraps of the inky background. I used a white Graph'It shake pen to create the faux stitching and added some little pearls to the corners. To finish off I've added ribbon, lace and one of my treasured sparkly buttons.

I'm entering this in the following challenges:
As you like it: favourite stitching style
(faux stitching for me, I love to see proper stitching but haven't got the patience to dust my sewing machine off lol)
Colour me Creative: anything goes
Digi Galore: flowers
Fussy and Fancy: pearls and lace
Pumpkin Spice: Colouring
Totally Gorjuss: die cuts/punches

Thanks for visiting, have a great day and hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Claire, I love the bright colours you've used on the background.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous colours claire and a fab image. we've had another lovely day here. dry and sunny but with a cool wind! big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work Claire, love the colours. TFS Hugs. Happy Easter to you and your family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is fabulous. That mermaid looks gorgeous in those bright colors.

    Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Pea Stampers.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, loving the bright zingy colours!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - I just got that image and have her colored up and waiting to be finished off. Thanks for joining us for the mermaid challenge and hope to see you next time!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...