My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 10 February 2013

Birds at Fashionable Stamping Challenges

Good morning blogland buddies, here's my first post of the day which is for our new challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenges where our theme, chosen my our lovely teamie MeggyMay,  is 'Birds'.  Our lucky winner will receive a prize from the lovely Marina at Cottage Crafts so you won't want to miss out. Don't forget we are a rubber stamping challenge so no digis are allowed. If you need some inspiration my teamies have come up with some stunning projects to get those creative juices flowing.


I've made a book card with a coordinating tag for my DT project, the stamp I've used are all from Chocolate Baroque: Curly Birds, Live out Loud  and Sing your Song. I won't go into all the details on how I made the project or you'd end up covered in dust and cobwebs but i've used lots of distress inks (tumbled glass, broken china, bundled sage - all blended on my SplodgeAway mat, spritzed with glimmer mist and covered with cling film), Teal zeal memento ink, Gilded Ivory Embossing powder. I've added some faux pearl string, cheesecloth, paper rose buds and some utee flowers. My lovely teamie Joanna has a fab video tutorial on her blog - check it out here and have a go, they are soooo much fun to make!! Here's a pic of the inside:


The tag has a quotation from Oprah Winfrey stamped on it, its one of my favourites it always motivates me and makes me feel positive

The front cover has a bird in a tree stamped with a Marianne birdcage die cut over the top, I've added more flowers (rosebuds from Wild Orchid Crafts) and lace (also from WOC), seam binding ribbon coloured with distress inks, some little heart pearl pins and a metal butterfly coloured with a little gesso. I was lucky enough to win some goodies from the Ribbon Girl a couple of weeks ago, wow what a fabby selection of goodies and these little butterflies are a real bargain, love em!


I'm entering this in the following challenges:
Anything goes: Monochrome
Crafty Boots: Blue and white
Delicious Doodles: No designer papers
Divas by Design: things with wings
Its all about the vintage: lace and pearls
Paper Minutes: quotes
Stampin for the weekend: something metal
Unique Crafters: lace and fabric

thanks for popping by, I do hope you're going to join our birds challenge
Have a lovely Sunday whatever you are doing. 
Claire cc



17 comments:

  1. Claire, you do the most amazing projects!!! I love that saying, I can see how it can be so uplifting. And these colours look incredible together...love all of this Claire
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Claire ! I love the delicate colours and the stamping is gorgeous ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Claire, this is absolutely stunning.
    I really love the design, my favourite colours and the detailing is just amazing. The quote is beautiful too.
    A truly inspiring creation, I'll be back later for another look!
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. How unique is this Claire. I have spent ages just reading and looking at it. You have inspired me to make a book card again.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It's so beautiful Claire and must have taken simply ages to complete. Truly awesome.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautifully elegant! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous project, love the colours and the fantastic details.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW another stunning creation - your projects are always so gorgeous and I just love the colours on this. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire this is honestly one of the most beautiful cards I've ever seen. It is utterly stunning with the most amazing detail. Your creativity is brilliant. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Claire! This is just amazing! The colours and inky effects are gorgeous and the detail is just stunning.
    Fab idea.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Claire that's such a stunning card, really wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Claire, what an amzingly stunning creation, this is just soooo gorgeous - what more can I say - oh other than what's a SplodgeAway mat? Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really stunning creation :)
    *Hugs, Inger*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Claire, so so pretty. I love the gorgeous embossing in the ivory, such an amazing project. Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Claire, this is an incredible creation! Love all the embossing and colors, well love every detail! Have a great week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your book card is beautiful! What a gorgeous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a gorgeous project Claire, love the colour and the embossing gives a lovely texture.
    Gorgeous stamping and images.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...