My lovely blogland friends

Monday 26 November 2012

A spring wedding ...

Good morning, hasn't the weather been awful this weekend? We seem to have had so many grey days lately I thought this card would be a little reminder of Spring sunshine. I've used the fab new clear stamps from Chocolate Baroque 'Terrific Treescapes' with a lovely little church stamp from Sunburst Scenes

I began by stamping the church image in the foreground and then adding the trees to create the scene. I stamped the images in black archival ink. I've used distress markers to colour the scene and then used Tumbled glass distress ink for the sky.

I die cut the image using a circular die and layered it up over a little doily. I used a backing paper from one of the Guild paper packs and layered a larger doily over that. The flowers are from my stash and the leaves have been cut with crealies dies. I've added some green ribbon and  a little pearl buckle to finish off.

I'm entering this in the following challenges:
Deep Ocean: pastel colours
Joanna Sheen Challenge: anything goes except Christmas
Oldie but goodie: anything but Christmas (my 'oldies' are flowers, doilys and backing paper)
Papertake Weekly: ribbon and pearls
Pile it on: anything but a Christmas card
Polka Doodles: Any die will do
Shoppin our Stash: leaf/leaves

Well for a pleasant change I'm not rushing out to work this morning as i've got a few days annual leave. Isn't it bliss to be able to potter around and relax instead of rushing round like headless chicken. Hopefully today will be a bit drier than it has been, if not I'll have to find my wellies as the park was like a mudbath yesterday when I took the dogs. I hate getting my wellies out for the winter, I always think there'll be a ginormous spider hiding in one lol
Thanks for popping by
Claire xx


16 comments:

  1. Goodness - what a fabulous make. The large doily is really impressive and makes a great backdrop for the lovely scene.Your flower arrangement is gorgeous. I've been resisting those tree stamps so far but once Christmas is out of the way they'll probably find there way here one way or another.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card Claire, love the scene and how you've mounted it on the Dooley.
    Hope you get your walk ok.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely refreshing after the weather this weekend - super colours & I love the way you've used the doilies for muting the whole design & making it very wedding-like. that buckle is lovely & emphasises the white beautifully. Hope you weren't accosted by an eight-legged creature.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous central scene - love how you have coloured it and built it up. All the layering is fabulous. So 'Pretty as a Picture'! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Claire this is another beauty, the doilies & flowers set the beautifully colored image off so well. Enjoy your time off, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab creation Claire, love that stamp the doily is just gorgeous. Hugs Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claire, oh that is just sooo elegant! The doily is stunning and your image fabulous.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin as well.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Claire, your card is gorgeous, love how you cut the picture out and added it to the gorgeous doily, it looks amazing. Just bought some stamps from CB but alas, not this set. Hope you did not find any spiders in your wellies! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Claire!!!! wow this card is a real stunner hun. That stamp is beautiful and love how you have laid out your scene. Love the doily too. Thank you for playing with us girls at Polka Doodles and good luck with the challenge this week. Hugs Clare xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning card! Love the scene you've created and the doily background suits the image perfectly. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Claire, such an elegant card. Love the doily accent- so pretty and the scene...amazing! Thanks for playing alomg with Polka Doodles. See you again next week! Asha- Polka Doodles DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Claire this card is so lovely, I just adore all the elements you've chosen to use!

    Thank you so much for playing along at Shopping Our Stash!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Claire - this is stunning! :)

    Lovely image and layout and so pretty!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your church scene, I think I'd like to visit that spot IRL. And I love that cut out lacey background, it's beautiful.
    thanks for playing with us at Pile It On.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just popping back to say thanks so much for joining us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge too,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...