My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 27 December 2011

PanPastels DT, Imagine the possibilities :-)

Hi there, well with Christmas and pesky internet gremlins it seems ages since I've blogged anything but today I wanted to share some very exciting news. I'm joining the PanPastel UK DT, and how excited am I?? Yes, you guessed it, thoroughly over excited lol. I wanted to have a play and share a project with my news so I've managed to grab a few hours in my craftroom and made this tag, using PanPastels of course :-)


I've had a really good play with PanPastels today and oh dear I think I have a new addiction, better warn the bank manager :-) PanPastels are such gorgeous vibrant colours,  they are velvety smooth and they blend beautifully with the Sofft tools (these are made from a very dense foam that is amazingly squidgy - technical term there lol).

I've tried them on lots of different card and they are really versatile, from watercolour card to supersmooth white cardstock. I know a lot of pastels need card with some tooth but PanPastels are just as happy with smooth cardstock. I haven't got any proper fixative, so I just used a spray of cheap hairspray instead.

I've made a few projects today but some I won't be able to share for a while, this tag was super quick to make. The night sky is made by blending black and Ultramarine Blue Shade panpastels with a Sofft Angle slice tool. I stamped the row of houses (from Artistic Outpost) with black versafine on white card lightly coloured with white PanPastel and a hint of black, cut them out and popped them up on 3d foam pads. I added glossy accents around the edges and then silver microbeads. The tiny stars are made with white cosmic shimmer glue and glamour dust. 
The larger stars were made using Jo Capper Sandon's star stamp on shrink plastic dipped in UTEE and coloured with pearl alcohol ink additive although they look black in the pic. I've never thought of trying that before until Tim's Tags and although I didn't have time to join in with the tags I was itching to get my melting pot out and start shrinking and its the most amazing fun watching the shrink plastic curl in the UTEE (OK I'm easily pleased lol). The sentiment is from Chocolate Baroque, and I thought it would be perfect for my first venture into the world of PanPastels :-)

To finish off I've added some scraps of ribbon, net and braid attached with a silver brad.
I'm entering this tag in the following challenges:
Make my Monday: Seasonal tags
Ooh La La: anything but a card
Stampotique: Shimmer, glimmer, glitter and glitz
The Stamp Man: Techniques

I hope you've all had a lovely Christmas, it seems to have gone as quickly as it came and I'm back at work tomorrow (not a happy bunny about that I can tell you) but at least its theres another long weekend coming up and lots of chocolate in the cupboard to console myself lol
hugs
Claire xx

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty tag. Great colours. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag, love the cityscape and the colour you mixed for the sky is fab.
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I shall have to explore - I've not come across these at all before. I love the depth of that sky & the lovely contrast with those buildings. I think one of those Melt Pots might just have to be on Santa's list for next year. Didn't this Christmas just fly by?
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tag!! I've not managed to follow Tim's tags but I must check out your star technique. Love how you framed the tag with beads and the houses!

    ~ Ü ~ Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic tag Claire, just love the way you have used the PPs to create the sky and the stars and micro-beads are great embellishments.
    So looking forward to creating alongside you on another team.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is fab!!! Love the little houses at the bottom of the tag! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Claire, I have been 'blog hopping' today looking at all my crafty DTM for PanPastels blogs ... What a feast! I love making tags and this is a real beauty ... Looking forward to working with you .... Have a very happy New Year . Luv Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! LOVE the stars and the buildings down along the bottom--such a wonderful scene! :) Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your super tag with us at MMM. Congrats on your new DT post, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun. Cheers Caz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your new DT job :)Your tag looks wonderful, love the deep blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh! love this tag! especially the gorgeous dark sky, stars and townscape... about every thing really!
    thanks for joining us at MMM :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful - thanks for joining in at Make My Monday - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many congratulations on your new DT position Claire - I'm a bit green as I've recently discovered Pan Pastels and am in danger of becoming addicted!
    Your tag is just gorgeous and the starry night background looks amazing with the little row of houses.
    So lovely to see you joining in with the last 2011 challenge at MMM and hoping to see you again.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Claire,
    Happy New Year!
    Fabulous project. Thanks for joining in with our anything but a card challenge at OLL this time. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...