My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 25 June 2011

Another Parasol

Hi there, the weather doesn't know what to do here this morning so I'm not sure if I should call this an umbrella or a parasol lol. It was pouring with rain first thing but now the sun is shining and we're forecast a heat wave later :-) . Life's so hectic its nice sometimes just to spend a bit of time  playing in my craft room. Here's another Parasol Decor Plate (from CaroLine's Rubber Stamps, have a look here as Caroline has some gorgeous new shapes in and they are perfect for painting) 

I used Wilkinson's emulsion tester pots for the background and started with a base coat of dark brown. One that was dry I added a layer of watered down pva glue, gave it a blast with my heat gun and then applied a layer of magnolia emulsion paint. I love making these crackle backgrounds, such messy fun :-)

I stamped the leaves first using stamps from Sheena Douglass 'Berries' Stamp set. I painted the leaves and then stamped and painted the flowers and berries. I've used an assortment of acrylic paints from my stash (Pebeo and Eco-green mainly). Once the paint was thoroughly dry I used gold embossing powder around the edges and then triple embossed the tip of the parasol and the handle with more gold EP. While the last layer of EP was still hot I stamped in to it with a Chocolate Baroque swirly stamp. 

I'm entering this parasol in the following challenges:
Inspire Me Fridays: Anything goes
Stampin for the weekend: My favourite things (paint and decor plates)
Crafty Emma's Challenge blog: Anything but square
Scrapbook Sisters: Anything goes
Diva's By Design: anything but a card
Southern Girls: Anything goes

I hope the sun is shining for you today. I'm hoping to get lots of crafty time this weekend although I'm thinking about paint fusioning the bath panel (If I dare lol) 
Thanks for popping by
Claire xx


11 comments:

  1. another stunner,I have got the stuff but I havent had a go with it yet love Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This lovely Claire, I've got the stuff too and never taken the plunge
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you dare??? Of course you do!!!!!
    Your parasol/umbrella/umbersol (?) is wonderful. Thank you for giving us the tip regarding what paints you're using along with that PVA + heat gun tip. Nice!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is amazing! Beautifully vintage and fabulous colour work! Warmest wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Claire...it must have taken ages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ya
    wow this is just stunning, a gorgeous creation, thank you for joining us at CES this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Claire & so decorative :)
    Thank you for sharing it with SFTW & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creation claire thank you for joining us at RRC this time hope you will join us again xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely thanks for sharing at Divas hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fab! Love the crackles! Thanks for joining us for the CES Challenge!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really beautiful creation, thank you so much for joining in the fun at CES this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...