My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 19 October 2010

As you like it

I was really stuck for an idea for Frankie's challenge at Dragon's Dream Tag it On this time as the theme is 'As You Like It' and Frankie would like to see a twist. I decided to twist the tag and make it horizontal and then when I was reading Craft Stamper I spotted a project to make a note holder using pegs so i decided to combine it to give my tag another twist.

I brayered a background using Kaleidacolour Autumn Breeze inkpad and then created an Autumn scene with stamps from Artemio and Elusive Images. I took 3 pieces of stampbord, coloured them with the same inkpad and stamped them with some Elusive Images leaf stamps. I edged them with gold and triple embossed them with clear EP to make them shine. I took 3 wooden pegs and snipped the ends off so they were a little smaller than the stampbord and attached the stampbord to the pegs with silicone glue. Once they were dry I stuck them to the tag. The hanger is made with bronze, copper and lime green wire and beads from my stash.

Here's a side view showing the altered pegs


I really enjoyed making this and hope the silicone glue holds up lol
Thanks for calling by
Claire xx

5 comments:

  1. oh my god Claire i love it it looks like a proper painting from one of those antique shops so beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire, just had to stop by and comment on this beautiful creation I so love it as its different, I love different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project Claire...it's gorgeous. Love the brayered background and the scene you created. The trees remind me of our Aussie gum trees...and the autumn tones are beautiful. Haven't been around much lately...too busy with work stuff :(...but I love to visit your blog when I can. Your work is SOOO inspiring :)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...