My lovely blogland friends

Saturday, 26 February 2011

Michelle Perkett's Art Deco Bride

Hi, weekend is here although this weekend means my annual leave is nearly over and I'm back at work on Monday so I'm going to make the most of my last couple of days off :-). Its been really grey and miserable here all week but yesterday I noticed a few crocuses in flower so Spring can't be far away now. I love the purple and green colour combination of crocuses and I've used those colours for this card using Michelle Perkett's stunning 'Art Deco Bride' (you can find her in Michelle's Etsy Store)


The bp is from an Artylicious cd although I can't remember which as I have a file full of sheets, when I get a new cd I go into a frenzy of printing as there are so many beautiful bps on them lol.
The image is coloured with promarkers and has purple and green glitter highlights. I triple embossed the vases to make them look like glazed pottery


i've used the sketch from Wild Orchid Crafts for the layout and layered the image on some cuttlebugged bazzill bling card and some lilac vellum punched with a MS border punch. The flowers are mostly from Wild Orchid and the green pearl brads are from my stash. The leaves are punched from some green card.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges
Bunny Zoe's Crafts: Spring, flowers everywhere
Do you stack up?: anything goes
Fussy and Fancy: Embossing or paper piecing
Southern Girls: Brads, gems, dewdrops
Top Tip Tuesday: Bling it on
Truly Scrumptious: Swirls and pearls
Letraset Official blog: blending pairs, I've used terracotta/ spice, warm grey 4/warm grey 2, pear green/lime green

We have a DT call at Michelle Perkett Studio, its a wonderful team to be part of so if you fancy joining us check out the DT call here, you'll have to be quick though as there are only a couple of days to go :-)
Claire xx

19 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Claire, gorgeous colours and flowers.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and unusual image - like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, that is so beautiful. The color combo is great, so are the flowers. Love how you made the vases shine!! Have a great day, Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic card Claire, very pretty
    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Claire and fab image, x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful card, your coloring is great. Thanks so much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week.

    Hugs
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous deco piece! fantastic image and your card is terrific! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, gorgeous card! Really different image. I’m glad you joined us for the DYSU Anything Goes challenge & hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous card Claire - love the colours and the layout out. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Claire, stunning image and such pretty flowers and details.

    So glad you could join us at Truly Scrumptious.
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many gorgeous things to look at Claire..but particularly love the triple embossing on the vases (I am a fan of TE lol)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Claire, my favorite colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Love your flowery edge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, lovely image and beautiful flower and leaf arrangement. Thanks for joining us at DYSU xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a pretty card :0)..thanks for joining us at WNW and good luck..hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful!! I just love the purple and your flowers and punching. Thanks for joining the Wags n Whiskers challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card! Love the image and your flower arrangement is beautiful!

    Thanks for playing at Southern Girls! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...