My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday, 20 October 2010

Another one for the Christmas box!!

I only have a few of the Sweet Pea Christmas stamps (for now lol) but this is one of my favourites, for a chance I've used a pastel colour scheme and coloured her pale blue and green


The image is coloured with promarkers and matted on some beige card distressed with vintage photo DI. The main bp is from Dovecraft and the circular one is made using loads of gorgeous cosmic shimmer powders in pale blue and green and a resist technique with snowflake stamps and clear EP, I think i got carried away with all the mica as its really reflecting the light and not showing up on the photo very well.

The vellum border panel is punched with an EK success border punch (from the lovely Linda at Jazzlins Designs), I had a feeling it would be great on vellum and I love the embossed dots!! I had to use some vellum as this weeks challenge at Bah Humbug is to use vellum on your card (that vellum I got on Saturday is so scrummy its being kept for stroking at the minute Ann!!). The bp and  the embellies are also from Jazzlins and the ribbon and lace are from my stash.

I've used the sketch from the challenge over at Create 4 Fun for my layout and I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Wild Orchid: Pastels
Allsorts: Bingo Challenge (my line is pearls, flowers, punch)
A Pocket Full  of Posies: Champagne and Roses (a celebration card, my favourite celebration is Christmas)
Lollipop: Winter play (snow and ice)
Dotties World: Anything goes with a Christmas theme

Thanks for visiting today, I really must thank Ann, Irene and Max at Bah Humbug as they have kept me so organised this year and I have a box full of Christmas cards already. This will be the first year I'm not in panic mode at Christmas lol
Claire xx

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and a lovely image. Thanks for joining our challenge. Good luck in the draw. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, beuatiful image and love the soft colours. Thanks for playing along at Pocket Full of Posies. Hope to see you back for our next challenge. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and I love the colours, another card up to your usual standard.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, this is beautiful, I love this Sweet Pea Christmas Stamp, she is gorgeous. I too got some Christmas cards done but not yet a box full... well done :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Claire
    Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is so pretty Claire. A great design, gorgeously yummy papers and the image is stunning.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Giddy Aunt Clare!
    This is absolutely stunning and what a gorgeous colour combination. Thank you for your very kind words and for sharing another of your fantastic creations with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore the soft pastels you have used! I also love the shimmer on your center circle..

    Thank you for joining us this challenge at "In A Sweet Pea Dream" and I hope to see more of your work in the future.

    KymKreates
    DT Sweet Pea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Claire

    Oh my this is just beautiful, and goregous. I love the pastel colours they are so calm and serene, and blend perfectly together. Thank you so much for your kind words and your continuing support of Bah!Humbug!

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is lovely. So glad you liked my bingo challenge at Allsorts this week. Thanks for playing and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful image and great colors. Kind of different christmas card but I love it.
    Thanks for joining at DW.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...