My lovely blogland friends

Friday, 17 September 2010

Poinsettia Fairy

I've had this stamp a few weeks but only just got around to inking it up and making a card with it today. I've been sooooooo busy at work for the last few weeks as we've been putting in a big funding bid which will be a real boost for our little mental health charity. I finished it yesterday so its fingers crossed for the next couple of months until we know if it was successful. Hopefully now thats done things willl be a lot quieter and I'll have more time to craft :-)

 I love poinsettias and this poinsettia fairy from Sweet Pea Stamps is so pretty and delicate i thought she deserved lots of sparkle and bling. I decided to make a poinsettia pin to decorate the card and also as a little pressie and it has taken me hours lol.



I've used the sketch from Sweet Pea Stampers and made it into an easel card. I've coloured the image with promarkers and embossed her wings with sparkle EP.




The bps and ribbon are all from an Anna Griffin kit I've had for years and years, the papers have all been distressed with scissors and the rough edges embossed with Ranger Queen's Gold EP. I've also stamped Tim Holtz snowflakes around the edges of the poinsettia papers and embossed them in gold.

To make the pin, I stamped an Elusive Images poinsettia (its actually the centre of a poinsettia medallion stammp) 3 times on some grungepaper (i've had this ages but for some reason I'm really mean and stingy with it so its lasting me ages lol). I embossed with gold EP and cut out layers before painting with twinkling H2Os. While it was drying I made some flourishes using pearls from a charity shop find and gold wire. I made some 'berries' using red size 11 seed beads on green wire which I wound round my pokey tool to make spirals. Once the paint was dry I made tiny holes in the top flower layer and attached some yellow miyuki drops with gold wire. I'd planned to join the layers with wire but it went horribly wrong so it was back to plan B and i used silicone glue to attach the layers. The brooch pin at the back is attached with fine wire.




I'm really pleased with the way the pin has turned out but it will be a while before I make another lol.

The sentiment is from Elusive Images, I stamped it in gold brilliance ink and once the ink was dry I added some glossy accents - I'm really mean with that too for some reason. This card is for one of my bessie mates though so it was worth raiding my stash of grungepaper and glossy accents lol.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

In a Sweet Pea Dream: Show us your dreams
Wild Orchid Challenge: Pearls and Pins
Sew Many Challenges: Lets see your embossing
Alphabet challenge: U is for unused stash
Creative Belli: Old or forgotten embellishments (mine are the charity shop beads which I found while looking through my bead stash)
Sisterhood of Crafters: Simply Handmade

Thanks for calling by, have a good weekend
Claire xx


23 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Claire,love the colours.Thanks for sharing this with us at Sweet Pea Stampers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Love the colors.

    Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire its a totally fabulous card, really lush. Enjoy the weekend. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Claire this is stunning what a beautiful image I am so loving the colours and your design the Poinsettia's look wonderful.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Claire and I love the pin, x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this truly beautiful! Love the use of pearl swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful coloring and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Claire, another stunning card hun, I love this sweet pea image too and that pin looks fabulous!!! hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colours and beautiful poinsettia
    Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley challenges this week
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Claire this is so beautiful. I love your embellishing I am glad you took so much time over it and for sharing with us at SPS hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card. Love everything about it, colours, image, embellishments. Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is gorgeous! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Pea stampers and good luck.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    P.S. If you like Ching-chou's art you might be interested in my new challenge blog Crafty Purple Frog Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS!!!! SO ELEGANT!!! TFS with us at SMC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, a wonderful christmas card.

    Inken
    Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW just beautiful! So colorful & festive!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Sisterhood! Hope you'll join us again next challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am sitting here with my jaw on the floor. Your attention to detail is phenomenal! That broach is unbelievable and your coloring is splendid!

    Thanks for joining us for the first challenge at “In A Sweet Pea Dream” and best of luck!

    xoxo,
    KymKreates
    Sweet Pea DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a gorgeous card- love the colors you used. I have not seen this image inked up before- love it! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Belli blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW GIRL!!!
    this is a stunning creation!!!
    thank you for joining us at SPS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it. The reds are gorgeous, you did a magnificent job on it. Thank you for partaking in our challenge

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how PRETTY! Love the "B"eads. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Belli Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like your project.

    Inken
    Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning Claire, how are you hunny? I am so sorry its been such a long time since I passed by your blog. I hope all is well your end. Will try and email you one of these days, havn't forgotten you! Loving your sweet pea card, its absolutely stunning. Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooooh, this is a really yummy card hun - love it!
    Thanks for playing at Sweet Pea Stampers this week.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...